📖 Table of Contents
Comforting and Nourishing: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup to Warm Your Soul in Summertime and Beyond
Who says you can’t enjoy the refreshing and comforting flavors of my homemade chicken noodle soup in the summer?
➡️ In the series of culinary articles about summer cooking, now it’s the turn of chicken soup recipes, more precisely homemade chicken noodle soup. This type of soup is one of the most popular on the planet and, as a result, thousands and thousands of chicken soup recipes with various local ingredients are available in every country.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious homemade chicken noodle soup recipes, look no further than the “Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes” cookbook.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 piece medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 piece carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 piece stalks celery, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 8 ounce egg noodles
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- some salt
- some ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pot and pour in the chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the thyme, rosemary, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Bring the soup back to a boil and add the egg noodles. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, or until they are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup. Garnish the soup with fresh parsley and serve hot.
- Use high-quality chicken broth for the best flavor. You can also use homemade chicken stock if you have some on hand.
- If you want to add more vegetables to the soup, feel free to toss in some diced bell peppers, zucchini, or even frozen peas towards the end of the cooking time.
- For extra flavor, try adding a few slices of ginger or a splash of white wine to the soup while it simmers.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, try stirring in a few tablespoons of all-purpose flour or cornstarch mixed with a little bit of water towards the end of the cooking time.
- To make this recipe even easier, use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken instead of raw chicken breasts. Simply shred the rotisserie chicken and add it to the pot with the broth.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Cooking Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Is A Breeze!
➡️ After all, cooking homemade chicken noodle soup is very easy, even if you are a novice in the culinary arts. You can cook the soup with a whole chicken or cut it into pieces while peeling some vegetables and seasoning the soup is children’s play, so only the very lazy could invoke any excuse for not cooking the chicken soup at home!
➡️ Enjoy cooking homemade chicken noodle soup recipes from scratch! If you need additional info, read more about chicken soup! Also, I recommend you to try more delicious homemade chicken soup recipes published on this website such as Hungarian chicken soup with dumplings and Hungarian vegetable chicken noodle soup.
➡️ For those who are really passionate about chicken noodle soup, I recommend my cookbook Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes.
FAQs about Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
How long does it take to make homemade chicken noodle soup?
The cooking time for homemade chicken noodle soup can vary, but on average, it takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to prepare.
What ingredients do I need to make homemade chicken noodle soup?
The main ingredients for homemade chicken noodle soup typically include chicken (such as bone-in chicken breasts or a whole chicken), vegetables (like carrots, celery, and onions), chicken broth or stock, noodles (such as egg noodles or pasta), and seasonings (such as salt, pepper, and herbs).
Can I use store-bought chicken broth instead of making my own?
Yes, you can use store-bought chicken broth or stock as a time-saving option. However, making your own broth from scratch can add more flavor to the soup.
Can I use leftover cooked chicken in the soup?
Absolutely! Using leftover cooked chicken is a great way to repurpose it in homemade chicken noodle soup. Simply shred or chop the chicken and add it to the soup during the final stages of cooking.
Can I freeze homemade chicken noodle soup?
Yes, homemade chicken noodle soup can be frozen. Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to freezer-safe containers or bags. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave when ready to enjoy.
Are there any variations or additions I can make to the soup?
Yes, you can customize your homemade chicken noodle soup by adding extra vegetables like peas or corn, herbs like thyme or parsley, or even spices like garlic or ginger for additional flavor.
Can I make a gluten-free version of homemade chicken noodle soup?
Yes, you can use gluten-free noodles or pasta to make a gluten-free version of chicken noodle soup. Make sure to check the labels of store-bought broth or stock to ensure they are gluten-free as well.
Is homemade chicken noodle soup a healthy option?
Homemade chicken noodle soup can be a nutritious and comforting choice. It’s generally low in fat, especially if you remove the skin from the chicken, and packed with protein and vegetables. However, the overall nutritional value may vary based on the specific ingredients and preparation method used.
Related Homemade Chicken Soup Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by