Easy chocolate cake recipe to bake the best ever homemade cake with simple and tasty ingredients such as fresh cherries.
Learn in this video how to make a cherry chocolate cake from scratch by using a yummy and easy homemade cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade chocolate cake recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 10 eggs
2) 1/2 tsp of fine salt
3) 10 tbsp of granulated sugar
4) 10 g/0.35 oz of baking powder (1 sachet)
5) 8 tbsp of cake flour
6) 2 tbsp of cocoa powder for the cake + 1 tbsp for the cream
7) 1 kg of fresh cherries or canned cherries
8) 400 g/14 oz of unsalted butter at room temperature
9) 100 g/3.5 oz of caster sugar for the cream + 150 g/5 oz for the syrup
10) 700 g/25 oz of chocolate cream from the store
11) 200 ml /7 fl oz of water
12) 1 tbsp of rum essence
13) 300 g/10 oz (20 pieces) of chocolate pralines (optional) for garnishing
14) 5 g/0.15 oz of cake gelee
1) break eggs and separate the yolks and whites in different bowls, then put salt over whites and whip ingredients by the mixer while adding sugar gradually until all the sugar is dissolved completely
2) add egg yolks gradually while blending ingredients by hand
3) sieve the baking powder and flour and add them into the bowl
4) sieve and add cocoa powder into the bowl
5) mix ingredients gently by hand until you get a smooth cake dough
6) split the dough into 3 equal parts and place them into floured baking molds (use it 3 times if you have just one)
7) bake each dough quantity one by one in the preheated oven at 220 C/430 F for about 4-5 minutes or until the core is no more sticky, then wait to cool to room temperature
8) meanwhile, wash fresh cherries, drain the water, and remove the seeds (you can use canned cherries as well)
9) place butter at room temperature into a bowl, add over caster sugar, and blend ingredients by rubbing them by hand
10) add chocolate cream gradually into the bowl and mix ingredients by hand
11) add cocoa powder and mix ingredients again until you get a smooth cream
12) pour water into a small bowl, add rum essence, and caster sugar, then combine ingredients well until the sugar is dissolved completely
13) place one of the sponge cakes on the platter, then make holes by the fork to enter better syrup
14) add about 1/3 of the syrup over the sponge cake for moistening it
15) add a thin layer of chocolate cream over the cake
16) add a layer of cherry halves over the chocolate cream layer, press them gently by hand to fix it into the cream
17) add the second sponge cake and make holes with the fork
18) add another third of the syrup all over the cake
19) add a thin layer of chocolate cream
20) add a layer of fresh cherries
21) add the last sponge cake and make holes into it
22) pour the rest of the syrup over the cake
23) spread the remaining chocolate cream over the top and edge to coat the cake entirely
24) place the cake in the fridge for about 2 hours to harden the cream
25) make a cherry layer on the top of the cake
26) place chocolate pralines along the cake edge or garnish the cake in another way, as desired
27) prepare cake gelee as instructed on the package and brush cherries to avoid oxidation
28) make shapes by the fork as desired on the cake edge for an improved look or garnish it in a different way on your choice
When summer is approaching, cherry becomes the star of my homemade cake recipes featuring fresh fruits.
Among the fresh fruit cakes that I simply love is a homemade chocolate cake recipe with cherries. It’s a fantastic and decadent chocolate cake because I like to garnish it not just with fresh cherries but also with elegant chocolate pralines that give the cake a splendid look and incredibly savory taste!
In spite of its fancy look, this easy chocolate cake recipe won’t pose any difficulty to make it even if you’re not the most experienced home cake baker.
As a result, there aren’t many baking tips to share regarding my easy chocolate cake recipe with cherries. However, there are two things that I’ll underline.
First, incorporate ingredients gradually for the sponge cake as described in the video to get a very fluffy texture.
Second, use good quality chocolate cream to make the cream for the cake. You can use any brand do you like, but make sure the cream has high chocolate content. As a result, your homemade chocolate cake will be simply fantastic and, for sure, will impress your family and friends!
Enjoy homemade chocolate cake recipe with cherries!
Read more about different homemade chocolate cake types here.