Learn in this cooking video about how to make carrot and cabbage salad from scratch using a yummy and easy homemade coleslaw recipe with vinegar dressing that will please everyone!
SUPER YUMMY homemade coleslaw salad recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking cabbage! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) remove withered outer leaves, cut cabbage head in two halves, remove stub from them, then cut again each half in two pieces
2) shred or wedge by knife each cabbage quarter into very thin strips
3) add about a teaspoon of salt or to taste over cabbage wedges and combine well
4) peel carrots off, then grate them finely over cabbage wedges
5) pour vinegar and olive oil over vegetables, then season the raw cabbage salad with pepper to taste (optional)
6) for more flavor, add some sesame or pumpkin oil, then combine ingredients well
7) wait about 15 minutes before serving to mix flavors thoroughly
Some of the countries where cabbage salad recipes are very appreciated include Hungary, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, the UK, and the USA.
Of course, sweet cabbage salad is made in many other places. In fact, cabbage is a basic vegetable on the entire planet!
Carrot and cabbage salad recipe with vinegar is one of the simplest coleslaw recipes.
This homemade coleslaw salad recipe is prepared with white wine vinegar, apple vinegar, and balsamic vinegar for a more refined taste.
Coleslaw is a salad recipe consisting of finely-shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing, from which the most popular are simple vinegar, vinaigrette, and mayonnaise.
This fresh cabbage salad recipe doesn’t require many ingredients, it’s very tasty and anyone can make it in no time!
Some variations of the German cabbage salad recipe include chopped onion or sliced apple.
It seems that shredded carrot is included in the coleslaw recipe most often in Poland, Russia, and the UK.
Besides fresh cabbage, this German coleslaw recipe can be prepared with sauerkraut. Usually, sauerkraut versions are made in Eastern Europe and especially in Poland, Russia, and Ukraine.
Both raw cabbage salad and sauerkraut salad can be served as a cold appetizer. However, generally speaking, the cabbage salad is served along with other dishes.
Sometimes, a cabbage salad can be served as a main course, especially on the scorching summer days when people want to eat really light food.
Carrot and cabbage salad is also used as a sandwich ingredient and especially for barbecue sandwiches. This salad is also very good for preparing a hamburger and hot dog.
The many combined flavors make this white cabbage salad very tasty, so all people will appreciate it!
When you eat the cabbage salad along with other dishes containing meat you can serve some drinks like wine or beer, but it’s not mandatory. Enjoy it!
More information about the German coleslaw recipe is available here.