Homemade Hawaiian pizza recipe to make pizza with simple ingredients and savory toppings line pineapple, cheese, and more.
SUPER YUMMY homemade pizza recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 50 g/1.8 oz of fresh yeast
2) 400 ml/13.5 fl oz of water at room temperature
3) 600 g/21 oz of all-purpose flour (to make dough for 2 large pizzas) + some extra flour
4) some olive oil
5) 500 g/17.5 oz of sliced or cubed canned pineapple, drained by juice
6) 500 g/17.5 oz of ham, cut into thin strips
7) 100 g/3.5 oz of spring onions, sliced finely (you can use chives as well)
8) oregano and/or basil leaves (you can use also dried spices)
9) 500 g/17.5 oz of grated Parmesan or other cheese types by taste
1) put yeast into the water, cover the pot and wait 5-10 minute to activate the yeast
2) pour activated yeast over the flour and combine ingredients by hand until you get a smooth and sticky dough
3) put a little flour on top, cover the pot and wait 40-60 minute to leaven the dough, depending on the room temperature
4) after the pizza dough is ready, divide it into two equal parts
5) brush the tray with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle a tiny layer of flour
6) spread one of the pizza dough pieces into a layer to coat the tray, including its edges
7) place over dough about half of ham
8) sprinkle over ham about half of spring onion
9) place over onions about half of the pineapple rounds or cubes
10) sprinkle over pizza some dried or fresh basil and oregano leaves
11) top the Hawaiian pizza with a layer of grated Parmesan
12) put the homemade pizza into the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake it until it’s golden brown on top and edge
13) take the pizza out from the oven and wait 10 minutes before serving (recommended)
14) continue identically with the rest of the ingredients to prepare the second homemade Hawaiian pizza
Pizza is nowadays among the most popular food recipes all over the world.
There are hundreds of pizza recipes. Some of them are traditional recipes from Italy, the country where pizza was made the first time (at least, Italian say that!).
However, there are many pizza recipes that were made in other countries for the first time. Such example is Hawaiian pizza.
Do you think the recipe on this page is from the Hawaiian Islands? No, it seems that pineapple pizza type comes from Ontario, Canada. The Greek-Canadian Sam Panopoulos is considered its inventor in 1962.
Most pizza recipes use tomato sauce to brush the dough before adding toppings.
This homemade pineapple pizza recipe doesn’t use this technique, instead, I recommend using bought or homemade tomato sauce or ketchup on top when the pizza is ready.
In this way, the pizza base is crunchy and fluffy at the same time.
Second, there are people who don’t like the tomato taste on the pizza and want to enjoy a pizza recipe without tomato sauce.
Besides the mentioned ones, you can add more toppings to this homemade pizza such as mushroom, red pepper slices, chili pepper slices, olive, and so on.
No, canned pineapple is often used to make Hawaiian pizza at home.
Enjoy homemade Hawaiian pizza!
Read more about the Hawaiian pizza origins here!