Easy sweet yeast bread recipe to prepare a naturally leavened dough with simple ingredients like fresh yeast and more.
View this video about how to make a sweet dough or sweet shortcrust pastry by using a traditional homemade leavened dough recipe from grandma!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe for the yeast-leavened dough by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 500 g/17.5 oz + 6-8 tbsp of cake flour
2) 100 ml/3.4 fl oz of cow milk
3) 25 g/0.9 oz of fresh yeast
4) 70 g/2.5 oz of granulated sugar
5) 2 egg yolks
6) 1 egg
7) 70 g/2.5 oz of butter at room temperature
8) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
9) 1 tsp of salt
10) grated zest from an orange or lemon
11) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
1) put yeast cube in a mug, crush it coarsely by hand and add a teaspoon of sugar and 4 tablespoons of milk, then mix ingredients well
2) put 500 g/17.5 oz of sifted flour in a large bowl, then pour inside yeast mixture, cover the pot and wait about 5-10 minutes to activate the yeast
3) meanwhile, put egg yolks in a bowl, add remaining sugar and 4-5 tablespoons of milk, then mix ingredients thoroughly
4) put a teaspoon of vanilla extract and grated zest from an orange or lemon into the rest of the milk, then mix ingredients
5) pour the content of the yolk bowl into the milk bowl and combine ingredients well
6) after the yeast has activated, put a teaspoon of salt in the milk bowl, mix and pour its content into the flour bowl
7) add 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil and half of the butter, then mix ingredients by hand until you get a smooth, non-sticky, and slightly elastic dough
8) cover the dough bowl, place it in a warmish place (for example, on the stove while the oven is set to the minimum temperature), and wait 15 minutes to leaven the dough naturally
9) add remaining butter, knead the dough again to combine ingredients, then cover the bowl and wait to leaven the dough for 45-60 minutes
10) spread the dough into a sheet and sprinkle over it some filling according to your preference (ground walnut core, poppy seed paste, chocolate chips, Turkish delight, and so on)
11) roll the filled dough sheet as tightly as possible, just like in the video
12) put yeast sweet bread in a baking mold
13) break an egg, beat it up with a fork, and brush the sweet bread all over the surface
14) put the baking mold in the preheated oven at 180 C/360F and bake the sweetbread until it turns golden brown (about 30-40 minutes)
15) take the tray out from the oven and wait for the cake to cool to room temperature
16) cut sweetbread into slices of the desired size
Cake recipes with naturally leavened dough are among the most popular homemade cakes in the winter holiday season in most Central and Eastern European countries.
In these countries, sweetbread is on every table when Christmas comes. Therefore, all good housewives prepare yeast sweet bread with various fillings because everyone wants to serve a dessert with sweet leavened dough!
For those who don’t know, sweetbread can be made with a leavened dough but also by using unleavened dough.
Fillings for sweetbread prepared with leavened dough are quite different. The most commonly used fillings include ground walnut core, poppy seed paste, chocolate chips or cream, and Turkish delight.
In addition to sweetbread, you can make other delicious cakes with homemade leavened dough such as fig roll cake. I highly recommend trying such a very tasty cake – see how to make fig rolls with candied orange peel.
Enjoy cakes with homemade leavened dough!
Read more about various dough types here.