French fruit tart recipes – how to make a plum pie from scratch in 12 steps at home.
Easy fruit tart recipe to make a plum pie with fresh or frozen plums and homemade pie pastry.
Learn in this baking video about how to make a plum pie from scratch in the French style using a traditional homemade fruit tart recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY French fruit tart!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 300 g/10 oz of all-purpose flour
2) a pinch of salt
3) 2×100 g/3.5 oz of granulated sugar
4) 2 egg yolks
5) 125 g/4.5 oz of butter
6) zest from an orange
7) some cold water (VERY COLD WATER!)
8) 500 g/18 oz of seedless plum, cut into halves (you can use either fresh or frozen plum)
9) 4 tbsp of cornstarch
10) fresh juice squeezed from an orange
1) place the flour into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and 100 g/3.5 oz of sugar, then combine ingredients until sugar is dissolved completely
2) add 2 egg yolks, cubed butter at room temperature, and grated zest from an orange
3) add a few tablespoons of very cold water, then knead ingredients until you get a smooth and slightly elastic dough (the water quantity depends on the flour)
4) pack the tart dough in foil and place it into the fridge for 30 minutes
5) place plums into a bowl, add 100 g/3.5 oz of granulated sugar, cornstarch, and orange juice, combine ingredients well, then wait 30 minutes
6) spread the tart dough into a sheet of the baking mold size you are using (about 28 cm/8 inches)
7) butter and flour the mold, then place the dough sheet on it just like in the video
8) cut excess dough and press its edge on the mold
9) make some holes on the tart base with a fork to get out the steam during baking
10) place plum halves into the mold with the peel downward and pour over them the juice
11) put the mold in the preheated oven at 220 C/430 F for about 15 minutes, then cover the tart with foil and bake it at 180 C/360 F until the dough is golden brown (about 45 minutes)
12) take the mold out from the oven and wait to cool the French plum pie at room temperature
Because people love cakes featuring plums among ingredients so much, there are available lots of plum cake recipes. Many of them are traditional cake recipes made in a classic way, just like the French plum tart.
French plum tart recipe is considered among the tastiest plum cake recipes ever invented. It has a sweet-sour taste and a crunchy tart base.
The homemade plum pie recipe presented on this page is based on a traditional French fruit tart recipe.
Please notice that tart dough is prepared with butter, so it’s very tasty and tender.
There are different fruit tart recipes and the plum tart is one of the most popular of them.
French fruit tart can be prepared either with fresh or frozen plums, so you can make this plum cake all over the year.
Generally speaking, any homemade plum cake is delicious. Anyway, this French plum pie is especially tasty and, probably, you’ll prepare often after you try it once!
The homemade plum pie can be served plain or you can top it with whipped cream, vanilla custard, caramel cream, chocolate ice cream, and so on.
You can also serve this cake along with tea or coffee.
Enjoy the homemade plum pie in the French style!
Read more about the plum cake types here!