View this cooking video about how to make potato soup with egg drops using grandma’s homemade potato soup recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking potato soup! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) peel potatoes off, then dice them into small cubes and place them into a high pot
2) add a few fresh celery leaves to the pot, then fill the pot up with water so that it is over potato cubes with about 2 fingers
3) place the pot on the stovetop over medium temperature and wait for potato soup to start boiling
4) in the meantime, season this homemade soup with salt to taste
5) while is boiling, peel an onion off and chop it finely
6) put the onion into a frying pan, pour over it some sunflower oil, then fry the onion over high temperature until it’s slightly golden, in the meantime season it with some salt to taste
7) add paprika and fry onions for about 15 seconds more while stirring ingredients vigorously
8) when the potato is soft, add fried onion to the pot, mix, and wait for the soup to boil for about 5 minutes more over low temperature
9) break eggs into a glass, add some salt, and mix them well by hand
10) pour eggs into the pot in small amounts while stirring continuously to form egg drops
11) boil the soup for 1-2 minutes more to harden egg drops
For sure, potato soup is one of the most popular soup recipes in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, and other countries.
There are available, probably, hundreds of soup recipes with potatoes. Many of them include vegetables and meat. Other recipes, just like the one presented on this page, are simple and include just basic ingredients.
The egg is another ingredient that is often cooked along with potatoes. So, potato soup with egg drop is a natural combination. This is, probably, the reason why this soup type is so much appreciated in Hungary.
There are many potatoes and egg soup recipes that feature one or more boiled eggs in the broth. There are also available other soup types that feature egg drops.
Most homemade potato soup recipes with egg drops are traditional recipes, just like this one. However, the recipe is quite simple but also very tasty!
This old fashioned soup with egg drops is one of the most popular potato soup recipes in Hungary.
Many people like to cook soup with potatoes, especially during winter when the low temperatures make people craving after hot food to warm them up.
Even if this soup with egg drops is pretty nourishing, it’s still a vegetarian soup, so you can serve some main dish, with or without meat, after eating it.
You can serve this soup plain or you might add a tablespoon of sour cream on the plate and several pickled hot chili peppers.
In this way, the soup becomes more appetizing and for sure will raise your body temperature!
Enjoy homemade potato soup recipe with egg drops in the Hungarian style!
Read more about Hungarian cuisine here.