📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Marinara Sauce Recipes: Tomato Sauce with Tomato Juice
My homemade tomato sauce with tomato juice is possibly the most delicious spaghetti sauce recipe you’ve ever cooked at home!
➡️ Are you looking for easy homemade spaghetti sauce recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll discover how to cook pasta with homemade marinara sauce from scratch in 9 steps! A lot of people are fans of Italian gastronomy and especially of spaghetti recipes and therefore, some of them wonder if preparing spaghetti at home is difficult or not.
➡️ Cooking spaghetti at home often involves preparing a marinara sauce, so those who want to perfect themselves in Italian gastronomy should start with this dish. My easy marinara sauce recipe enables you to cook Italian pasta with simple and tasty ingredients like homemade pasta sauce and spaghetti.
➡️ If you are afraid to start cooking homemade spaghetti sauce, you should know that your fears are unfounded because its preparation is very simple and fast. You need just to watch the cooking video below and learn how to cook spaghetti with tomato sauce using a tasty and easy homemade spaghetti sauce recipe from scratch!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Spaghetti Sauce with Tomato Juice from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to cook homemade spaghetti sauce?
1) 600 g/18 oz of spaghetti (about 100 g/3 oz of spaghetti per serving)
2) 100 g/3.5 oz of red onions, chopped
3) 2 tbsp of olive oil
4) salt and ground white pepper to taste to taste
5) 400 g/14 oz of fresh or canned tomatoes, peeled and chopped
6) 2 garlic cloves or to taste, chopped
7) 700 ml/24 fl oz of tomato broth or 1,000 ml/35 fl oz of tomato juice
8) a few fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp of dried basil
9) a small rosemary twig or 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary
10) fresh juice from a lemon
11) 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
12) 300 g/10 oz of grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to make homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch?
1) boil spaghetti in salted water as instructed on the packaging
2) peel onions off and chop them finely
3) pour olive oil into a frying skillet, place it on the stove over a medium temperature, and wait until the oil is hot
4) place chopped onions into the skillet and season it with some salt to taste, then fry it until glassy
5) add tomatoes and garlic to the skillet and continue simmering ingredients for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the tomato juice drops a little
6) pour tomato broth into the skillet, add chopped basil and the rosemary twig, then reduce the temperature to middle-low, place the lid and wait until the homemade pasta sauce drops
7) add lemon juice, sugar, and white pepper to taste, then boil the sauce 2-3 minutes more
8) in the meantime, drain water from the spaghetti and place them on the plates
9) pour 1-2 ladles of homemade marinara sauce over spaghetti on each plate, then sprinkle over some grated cheese and a few basil leaves (optional)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
PRO Tips for the Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe with Tomato Juice
➡️ Among the many food recipes that I cook, pasta and spaghetti are at the top of my preferences. I make both kinds of pasta cooked on the stove and baked in the oven, so the palette of my pasta recipes is pretty large.
➡️ One of the simplest spaghetti recipes that I use when I don’t have too much time to spend in the kitchen is pasta with tomato sauce. Usually, I use spaghetti, but other Italian pasta types can be used instead of it such as tagliatelle, penne rigate, and so on.
➡️ Most people make pasta with tomato sauce, but usually, they use commercial tomato sauce which is simply placed over boiled spaghetti. This is fine when you’re in rush, however, cooking homemade pasta sauce is not as difficult as some might think and is also not as time-consuming as might look.
➡️ Therefore, I recommend you make homemade spaghetti sauce as many times as you can, especially if you have at your disposal fresh tomatoes ripe naturally in the garden. The taste of your tomato pasta sauce will have a much better taste because of its natural sweetness!
➡️ As for the aromatic herbs, this sauce requires basil and rosemary to comply with its strong Italian essence. The quantity of basil and rosemary depends entirely on you, so you can personalize this spaghetti recipe as you wish. Naturally, if you don’t have fresh plants you can use their dried versions as well.
➡️ Finally, topping the homemade spaghetti sauce with grated Parmesan is not mandatory, but when you are still using it you’ll take the food to a more refined level. Personally, I use a smoked Parmesan version and I recommend you try just once the food with this ingredient to become a true gourmand!
➡️ Enjoy cooking homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch! For additional info, read more about spaghetti origins here!
Related Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by