Homemade tomato sauce recipes – how to make marinara sauce from scratch. Easy marinara sauce recipe to make a homemade tomato sauce of rich tomato broth and chopped onions for spaghetti, pasta, meatballs, and more in the Italian style.
Learn in this video how to make tomato sauce from scratch in a very easy way by using a simple and tasty homemade marinara sauce recipe from Italy!
SUPER YUMMY and easy marinara sauce recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 100 g / 3.5 oz of onion
2) salt and ground black pepper to taste
3) 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil (sunflower oil recommended)
4) 700 ml / 24 fl oz of thick tomato broth
5) 400 g / 14 oz of peeled chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
6) 2-3 dried bay leaves
7) 2-3 tbsp of apple vinegar (recommended because it’s less acid) or wine vinegar
8) 1-2 tbsp of granulated sugar
9) 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz of warm water if necessary (tomato broth is too thick)
1) peel onions off, then chop them finely
2) place chopped onion into a saucepan and season it with salt to taste
3) pour over onion some oil, then place the saucepan to the stovetop and fry the onion over medium temperature until glassy
4) pour tomato broth in the pan, then add chopped tomatoes and mix ingredients
5) reduce temperature, then add bay leaves and ground black pepper to taste
6) pour vinegar and add sugar, then mix together all ingredients to combine well
7) pour some water if necessary and wait to boil the homemade tomato sauce until lowers and has a slightly viscous consistency (15-20 minutes)
8) wait about 10 minutes before serving to rest and cool a bit this easy marinara sauce (recommended)
There are a lot of food recipes that require sauce for a more refined taste and texture. Tomato sauce is one of the most popular sauce types, so it’s used for thousands of recipes.
Tomato sauce can be prepared in various ways with different ingredients. However, nowadays, everyone can buy sauce from the store.
This is fine when you don’t have time, but I recommend you cook homemade tomato sauce if you want to enjoy a really flavored and rich sauce.
The easy marinara sauce recipe presented on this page is prepared with tomato broth and canned tomatoes, so it’s really simple to make it.
Plus, the recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and hours of cooking. As a result, I recommend you to make it as many times as you have occasion. You will notice a huge difference compared to the commercial sauce!
Enjoy the best homemade tomato sauce with tomato broth!
There are available more marinara sauce recipes for meatballs, pasta, and other food types. Most of them are based either on onion, just like the recipe presented on this page, or on garlic (see below).
Regarding flavoring, you can use a large palette of aromatic herbs to refine your homemade tomato sauce. Some of the most used plants include basil, rosemary, and tarragon. Needless to say, you might use other spices to make a tomato sauce with a taste that matches your personal character.
You can read more about tomato sauce types here.