Basic cooking tips to cut lettuce – how to cut lettuce for salad or wraps. Learn how to cut green salad or green leaf lettuce with a knife for tacos or other dishes in a very simple and fast way!
View this video about how to cut green leaf lettuce for salad, wraps and other dishes!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) a whole green leaf lettuce
1) wash lettuce, place it into a sieve and wait to drain water off
2) place lettuce to a chopper and press it firmly by hand to not move while cutting
3) take a sharp knife with a wide blade (recommended) and cut crosswise thin strips of about one finger wideness for salad and two times narrower for wraps
4) place lettuce strips into a bowl and prepare a green salad as you like or use it for other dishes
There are people who will smile when will see this video title, but they forget that any cooking skill, even the simplest, must be learned at a point in life.
This video tutorial about how to cut lettuce by the knife is aimed at those who just start learning basic cooking skills.
As you probably have seen, cutting green leaf lettuce is very simple.
There is not necessarily any training, simply wash the lettuce off, wait to drain the water well, place it to the chopper and cut it crosswise being careful not to hurt your fingers.
The width of lettuce strips depends on both your taste and the dish you are going to prepare.
As I already mentioned, I recommend cutting wider strips when you make a green salad (view how to make lettuce salad with yogurt) and much narrower when you cut lettuce strips for wraps, burgers, and so on.
Enjoy lettuce in any way you cook it!
You can read more about lettuce here!