Homemade candied orange peel recipes – how to make candied orange peel in 9 steps at home.
Watch this video about how to make candied orange peel at home for tasty desserts and cakes!
Learn how to make candied orange peel at home from scratch by using grandma’s recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 4 large oranges with thick peel
2) cold water
3) 1 kg/35 oz of extra fine granulated sugar
1) cut ends of oranges, then peel them off just like in the video by using a sharp knife
2) put orange peels into a bowl, pour over some cold water to cover them and wait until the next day
3) remove water from the bowl, pour cold water again and wait until the next day
4) repeat the operation from the previous day so that the peels stay in water for at least 3 days
5) remove water from the bowl, put peels in a saucepan, pour about 700 ml/24 fl oz of cold water, add sugar, then mix ingredients
6) put the pan to the stove over very low temperature and boil orange peels until syrup drops (about 2-3 hours)
7) candied orange peel is ready when it’s glassy and the syrup has dropped to about half the volume of water from beginning
8) put orange peels in sterilized jars, then pour over hot syrup to cover them completely
9) seal the jars with lids and keep them in a dark, well-ventilated place (recommended)
Have you ever wondered how to make candied orange peel? If yes, watch the video and read this tutorial to learn the process that my grandmother taught me.
Apart from orange peels, you can do the same with lemon peel, grapefruit peel, or a mixture of these citrus peels.
Whatever type of citrus peel you use, it’s important that they have a thick peel. The thin peels will boil too much and the confinement will not be successful.
Another important tip is to follow the exact recipe. Change the water every day and be patient to pass the indicated time.
The candied orange peels are used either as an ingredient in various creams and fillings for homemade cakes or to decorate cakes or cream cakes.
Enjoy the candied orange peel!
Read more about candied fruits here!