📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Candied Orange Peel Recipes: Sugared Orange Peel
My homemade sugared orange peel recipe is possibly the most delicious candied orange peel recipe you’ve ever made at home!
➡️ Are you looking for the best homemade sugared orange peel recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll learn how to make candied orange peel in 9 steps at home.
➡️ My homemade recipe helps you to make candied orange peel at home for tasty desserts and cakes!
➡️ Watch the video below and learn how to make candied orange peel at home from scratch using grandma’s recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Candied Orange Peel from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to learn how to make candied orange peel?
1) 4 large oranges with a thick peel
2) cold water
3) 1 kg/35 oz of extra fine-granulated sugar
How to make candied orange peel from scratch?
1) cut the ends of oranges, then peel them off just like in the video by using a sharp knife
2) put orange peels into a bowl, pour over some cold water to cover them, and wait until the next day
3) remove water from the bowl, pour cold water again, and wait until the next day
4) repeat the operation from the previous day so that the peels stay in water for at least 3 days
5) remove water from the bowl, put peels in a saucepan, pour about 700 ml/24 fl oz of cold water, add sugar, then mix the ingredients
6) put the pan on the stove over very low temperature and boil orange peels until syrup drops (about 2-3 hours)
7) candied orange peel is ready when it’s glassy and the syrup has dropped to about half the volume of water from beginning
8) put orange peels in sterilized jars, then pour over hot syrup to cover them completely
9) seal the jars with lids and keep them in a dark, well-ventilated place (recommended)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Candied Orange Peel Recipe
➡️ Have you ever wondered how to make candied orange peel at home? If yes, watch the video and read this tutorial to learn the process that my grandmother taught me.
➡️ Apart from orange peels, you can do the same with lemon peel, grapefruit peel, or a mixture of these citrus peels. Whatever type of citrus peel you’re going to use, it’s important that they have a thick peel. The thin peels will boil too much and the confinement will not be successful.
➡️ Another important tip is to follow the exact recipe. Change the water every day and be patient to pass the indicated time.
➡️ The candied orange peels are used either as an ingredient in various creams and fillings for homemade cakes or to garnish cakes or cream cakes.
➡️ Enjoy learning how to make candied orange peel recipes from scratch! For additional info, read more on orange!
Related Orange Cake Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by