Layered chocolate cake recipe to prepare Hungarian Dobos torte with simple and tasty ingredients.
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 12 eggs separated in yolks and whites
2) 300 g/11 oz of granulated sugar
3) 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
4) 300 g/11 oz of all-purpose flour + some extra flour for the tray
5) 500 g/18 oz of butter at room temperature, cubed
6) 300 g/11 oz of granulated sugar for the cream
7) 8 egg yolks for the cream
8) 80 g/3 oz of cocoa powder
9) 100 g/3.5 oz of granulated sugar for the caramel sheet
10) 2 tbsp of water
1) place yolks into a bowl, then put sugar over them and combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
2) add vanilla extract to the bowl and mix again
3) add flour gradually while combining ingredients by hand
4) place egg whites into another bowl, then whisk them by the mixer with a pinch of salt until hard
5) add egg white to the first bowl while mixing by hand with slow rotations from bottom to top until you get a smooth dough
6) flour the bottom of a tray on the outside and stretch a thin layer of dough (you have to repeat this operation more times)
7) put the tray in the preheated oven and bake the sheet at 290 C/550 F until golden brown, then do the same with the rest of dough
8) put all cake sheets on paper and wait until cool completely
9) in the meantime, add gradually sugar to the butter and rub ingredients to combine them thoroughly
10) when the previous step is completed, add 8 egg yolks to the bowl one by one – DO NOT add the next yolk until you had not thoroughly mixed ingredients up by hand because you’ll get curdled cream!
11) next, add gradually cocoa powder and mix ingredients by hand
12) spread a thin layer of chocolate cream over a cake sheet
13) do the same with the rest of the cream and sheets, but keep one sheet and some chocolate cream
14) cut the ends of the cake to be straight
15) cut the cake lengthwise into two equal parts, then spread some cream over one of the halves
16) put over the second half and spread on top some cream as well
17) spread a cream layer on the cake sides
18) put the last cake sheet on a paper sheet brushed with oil and draw on it shapes as shown in the video
19) put sugar for the caramel sheet in a saucepan, pour over the water and wait until it caramelizes without mixing ingredients
20) spread the liquid caramel over the drawn cake sheet, then cut immediately the sheet according to the shapes you have previously drawn – you have to work VERY FAST because the caramel hardens in a short time!
21) garnish the cake top with the caramel pieces
Hungarian Dobos torte is one of the most popular chocolate cake recipes not just in Hungary, but also all over the world. It has a unique flavor because of the special chocolate cream and caramel pieces.
Even if this chocolate cake seems a bit complicated to make at home, the final result is worth all the efforts and you’ll surprise everyone with this amazing Hungarian Dobos torte.
However, if you work step by step as described on this page there are little chances to make mistakes and you’ll get great results even if you make for the first time this Dobos torte recipe!
Enjoy authentic Hungarian Dobos torte recipe from scratch!
Read more about Hungarian Dobos torte origins here.