100% AUTHENTIC Hungarian lamb soup recipes – how to make Hungarian lamb soup with dumplings. Easy lamb soup recipe to cook vegetable soup with lamb neck, sour cream, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make lamb soup with dumplings from scratch by using an authentic Hungarian lamb soup recipe with sour cream!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1,5 kg / 50 oz of root vegetables (mix of 60% carrot, 30% parsnip root or parsley root, and 10% celery root)
2) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
3) 250 g / 9 oz of tomatoes
4) salt to taste
5) 1,5-2 kg of lamb (neck, ribs, shank)
6) a bundle of parsley leaves or tarragon leaves
7) tarragon balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or white wine vinegar to taste (I use 1-2 tbsp)
8) sour cream for serving
1) peel root vegetables off and chop them finely
2) place vegetables into a high pot, add some oil and about 500 ml / 17 fl oz of water, then simmer ingredients over high temperature for about 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened
3) meanwhile, chop tomatoes and add them into the pot, season soup with some salt to taste
4) cut lamb into medium-sized pieces, then place the meat into the pot
5) fill the pot with water, then boil soup over low temperature until all ingredients are soft
6) meanwhile, prepare flour dumpling batter (view how to make self-rising flour dumplings)
7) place small pieces of batter into the hot soup and wait until rise to the soup surface, this is the sign they are soft
8) in the meantime, chop parsley or tarragon very finely, then add it into the pot, add vinegar and boil ingredients for 2-3 minutes more
9) serve Hungarian vegetable lamb soup with sour cream added into the plate
The soup is so popular that it’s prepared during the whole spring. There are more recipes available and one that I like most is the version with flour dumplings.
There are not many cooking tips to share regarding this Hungarian soup recipe. Maybe the most important one is to remove the large parts of fat from lamb, otherwise, the soup will have a fatty, unpleasant taste.
Another advice is to cut meat into smaller pieces. This will reduce cooking time and will ease soup serving into the plate.
Also, there is very important to cook soup over low temperature. In this way, meat softens well and combine with other ingredients in the pot.
Regarding the vinegar, Hungarians don’t like to eat this soup with a too sour taste, generally speaking. I like a moderate sour taste, but, of course, everyone can add a vinegar quantity according to its own taste.
Sometimes, I replace vinegar with spicy or classic mustard. Here is how I proceed: I place a spoon of mustard into the plate, I add a spoon of sour cream, then I combine them well by spoon and, finely, I add 2-3 ladles of hot soup over this mixture. You have to try this version of the Hungarian lamb soup with dumplings at least once because it’s simply heavenly and you’ll like it at most!
Whichever is the way to sour the Hungarian lamb soup with dumplings, this soup recipe is one of the best to celebrate Easter and all fans of Hungarian cuisine have to try it! No one will regret it!
Enjoy Hungarian lamb soup with dumplings!
Read more about different lamb dishes here.