Semolina dumpling recipes – how to make semolina dumplings for soup. Hungarian dumplings recipe to make semolina dumplings for chicken broth and other savory soup recipes.
View this video about how to make semolina dumplings for soup with the very best Hungarian dumplings recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 2 eggs
2) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
3) 8 tbsp of semolina
4) a pinch of salt
1) break the eggs into a bowl, then beat them up by fork until smooth and season with some salt to taste
2) add sunflower oil, semolina, and a pinch of salt, then combine ingredients by hand until you get a very smooth dough
3) warm the broth to be hot, then reduce the temperature
place dough pieces of the size of about half a tablespoon in the broth
4) wait to rise the semolina dumplings to the soup surface, this is the sign they are soft
5) cover the pot with a lid and wait about 15 minutes before serving to get very fluffy dumplings (recommended)
Semolina dumplings are used in many soup recipes in many Central and East European countries.
This semolina dumplings recipe is very easy to make, it does not require many ingredients, preparation time or advanced cooking skills.
So there is not a surprise these semolina dumplings for soup are very popular in Hungary and are eaten especially along with classic beef, chicken, and turkey soup.
Even if the recipe is very easy to make, please be patient and wait until these Hungarian semolina dumplings rise to the soup surface.
This is the only way to get good results and, however, the process takes just a few minutes.
Another cooking tip to get very fluffy dumplings is to cover the pot with a lid after they rose to the surface and wait about 15 minutes before serving.
Yes, there are available other Hungarian soup dumpling types like wheat dumplings, liver dumplings, and flour dumplings.
You can read more about different dumpling types here.