📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Italian Meatballs with Ground Beef
My Italian ground beef meatballs is one of the tastiest meatball recipes you have ever cooked!
➡️ Italian ground beef meatballs are some of the most popular dishes in this European country and are therefore cooked quite often, especially in the northern half of the peninsula. This is because they are very tasty and pretty easy to prepare, so no wonder they are a staple of Italian cuisine.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Italian Ground Beef Meatballs from Scratch
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious Italian recipes, look no further than the “Discovering Italian Cuisine: A Delightful Culinary Tour of Italian Recipes” cookbook.
Italian Ground Beef Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt and to taste for the sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper and to taste for the sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Mix everything together with your hands until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté for about 3-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, red wine (if using), sugar, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir everything together and let the sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the skillet with the tomato sauce and let everything simmer together for an additional 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil (if using) and serve hot.
- For a more flavorful meatball, try mixing a combination of ground beef, pork, and/or veal.
- Be sure to handle the meat mixture gently when forming the meatballs, as overworking the mixture can result in tough meatballs.
- To prevent the meatballs from sticking to the baking sheet, you can lightly grease the parchment paper with cooking spray or olive oil.
- You can also pan-fry the meatballs in a skillet instead of baking them, but make sure to cook them thoroughly on all sides.
- If you like your tomato sauce a bit sweeter, you can add more sugar to taste. Conversely, if you prefer a spicier sauce, you can increase the amount of red pepper flakes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Cooking Italian Ground Beef Meatballs Is Really Easy!
Italian Cookbook for Beginners
If you’re ready to learn and experience the taste of delicious Italian recipes, look no further than the “Best Italian Recipes: Italian Cookbook for Beginners” cookbook.
➡️ I just like to cook traditional Italian ground beef meatballs because they have some of the flavors I especially like, such as beef and tomato sauce. Italian meatballs are a classic Italian dish, made with hand-shaped meatballs that are sauteed to perfection and served with marinara sauce and, sometimes, spaghetti. If you need additional info, read more on Italian meatballs! I also recommend you to try more delicious meatball recipes available on this website such as meatball bake.
FAQ’s for Cooking Italian Ground Beef Meatballs
What are Italian ground beef meatballs?
Italian ground beef meatballs are a delicious and easy-to-make meal that consists of ground beef formed into balls and baked in the oven.
What are the ingredients for Italian ground beef meatballs?
The ingredients for traditional Italian ground beef meatballs include ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
How long does it take to make Italian ground beef meatballs?
It takes about 30 minutes to make Italian ground beef meatballs from start to finish.
Related Meatball Recipes and Culinary Articles
Featured Online Wine Delivery from the Best Online Wine Shops
Do you want to change your life in depth?
📖 Cooking article by