Easy sausage pizza recipe to make homemade pizza with tasty toppings like smoked sausage, sweet corn, and chili peppers.
View this video about how to make Italian sausage pizza by using the very best pizza dough recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade pizza recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2×200 g/2×7 oz of sliced smoked sausage or another sausage type to your choice (you get the best results by using a half-raw sausage type, not fresh or very dry!)
2) 2×100 g/2×3.5 oz of canned sweet corn
3) 2×20 g/2×0.7 oz of sliced spring onion
4) sliced raw or pickled chili pepper for a spicy taste (optional)
5) sage, oregano, or basil leaves to taste for more flavor (optional)
6) 2×100 g/2×3.5 oz of grated cheese to your taste (Cheddar, Parmesan, or another type of hard cheese to your choice such as salted goat cheese, salted cow cheese, and so on)
1) begin by preparing the pizza dough – place water in a saucepan, then put the pan to the stovetop over medium temperature and wait until is warmish
2) add sunflower oil, mix, and boil for about 1 minute more
3) add fresh yeast, combine ingredients, add 2 tbsp of flour, then take the pan from the stovetop, cover it with a kitchen towel and wait about 10 minutes to activate the yeast
4) place the flour into a bowl and pour over the previously prepared mixture, then knead ingredients by hand until you get a smooth and sticky pizza base
5) cover the bowl with the kitchen towel and wait about 30-60 minutes (depending on the room temperature) to leaven the pizza dough
6) in the meantime, prepare tomato sauce for the pizza crust – start by placing into a small bowl tomato puree, salt, ground pepper, sugar, and paprika
7) add little oil and water, then combine well all the ingredients
8) after the pizza dough grew in volume (usually, the dough should double its volume), separate it into two equal parts
9) brush a 32 cm/12 inches pizza tray with a little sunflower oil and sprinkle over some flour (this will prevent to stick the pizza to the tray)
10) place one of the pizza dough halves into the tray and spread it into a uniform layer, sprinkle occasionally some flour over the dough to prevent sticking the dough to your hand
11) place about half of the tomato paste you prepared previously over the dough and brush it evenly
12) place half of the sausage over the sauce into a layer, then add half of the sweet corn, sliced spring onion, and sliced chili pepper for a spicy taste (optional)
13) place over some aromatic plants, then grate half of the cheese evenly across the pizza
14) place the pizza into the preheated oven at 290 C/550 F and wait until golden on top and edges (about 10-15 minutes)
15) take out the sausage pizza from the oven, wait about 10 minutes before serving, then take it out from the tray and slice it to your desire
16) continue identically with the second pizza
Pizza is for sure one of the most loved food recipes all around the world.
There are a lot of homemade pizza recipes, but the corn and sausage pizza is one of my favorites!
This Italian sausage pizza is prepared in the so-named rustic or country style, which means it is full of flavor.
It features smoked sausage savor, corn sweetness, elegant paprika aroma, discreet tomato flavor, gentle spring onion freshness, and chili pepper hotness are combined with the powerful aromatic herbs and delicious cheese. So, this is simply the paradise of taste!
The homemade Italian sausage pizza recipe is made with a fluffy pizza base with yeast which requires some time for leavening.
If you like more the thin pizza crust or you don’t have so much time for preparation, you can buy or prepare a pizza dough without yeast and then proceed identically – the sausage pizza will be just as good!
You can serve the homemade Italian sausage pizza plain or with ketchup on top.
No, unless you fry or bake the sausage before to make the pizza.
Enjoy the homemade Italian sausage pizza!
Read more about different pizza types here!