Learn in this cooking video how to make old fashioned kidney bean and chickpea salad from scratch using a yummy and easy chickpeas and kidney beans salad recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cold salad appetizers!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 250 g/9 oz of canned or boiled red kidney beans
2) 250 g/9 oz of canned or boiled chickpeas
3) 50 ml/1.7 fl oz of extra virgin olive oil
4) 1-2 tbsp of apple or white wine vinegar
5) salt and ground white pepper to taste
6) 1/4 tsp of granulated sugar or to taste
7) 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
8) some chopped greenery to taste (dill, parsley, basil, sage, and so on)
1) place kidney bean and chickpea into a bowl
2) to make the dressing, pour olive oil into another bowl
3) add vinegar over oil to taste (1-2 tbsp), then add some salt, pepper, and sugar
4) add garlic into the dressing, then combine ingredients well
5) pour dressing over chickpea and bean salad, then mix ingredients well to coat both beans and chickpeas with dressing
6) chop some greenery to taste, then add it to the salad and combine ingredients
7) serve the salad immediately or wait 30 minutes to mix flavors up better
Both red kidney beans and chickpeas are very popular ingredients to make salad recipes.
The old-fashioned bean and chickpea salad is a cold appetizer very easy to make, it does require few ingredients, and is ready extremely quickly.
Despite its simplicity, the red kidney beans salad is delicious, so it’s one of the most appreciated bean salad recipes.
Chickpea and kidney bean salad can be served plain, as a cold appetizer, or along with different main dishes such as roast chicken and many more.
Whichever is the way you are going to serve this old-fashioned salad appetizer, it will please your family and guests, so don’t hesitate and prepare it as soon as possible!
Read more about kidney beans here.