📖 Table of Contents
Make-Ahead Corn Salad Recipe with Leftover Chicken Breast
Possibly the most delicious leftover chicken and corn salad recipe you’ve ever made!
➡️ Searching for easy leftover chicken recipes in 2023? On this website, you’ll find out how to make leftover chicken and corn salad in 9 steps at home. Appetizer salads are the ideal choice when you want to prepare tasty party food, mouthwatering make-ahead appetizers, or a quick snack or light lunch on a hot summer day. Therefore, it’s recommended to have a few such recipes on hand.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Leftover Chicken and Corn Salad from Scratch
Creamy Leftover Chicken and Corn Salad
- 300/10 g/oz leftover chicken (baked in the oven or fried on the grill)
- 300/10 g/oz canned sweet corn kernels, rinsed and drained well
- 25/1 g/oz red onions, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp sour cream (>12% fat)
- some green dill to taste, chopped finely
- some salt and ground black pepper to taste
- cut the leftover chicken into small pieces (you can use shredded chicken as well)
- put the mayonnaise in the bowl
- put the sour cream over the mayonnaise
- season with salt and ground black pepper to taste
- add the very thinly sliced red onions
- add the finely chopped dill
- add the leftover chicken to the bowl
- add the sweet corn kernels
- combine the ingredients very well by hand, then put the salad appetizer into the fridge for at least 30 minutes (recommended)
- Revitalize the leftovers: Before incorporating the leftover chicken into the salad, ensure it is warmed gently to restore its succulence. You can achieve this by briefly reheating it in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil or by placing it in the microwave for a short burst. This step will awaken the flavors and enhance the overall enjoyment of the salad.
- Achieve a harmonious balance: While the creamy dressing is a crucial element, exercise caution to avoid overpowering the other ingredients. Gradually add the dressing to the salad, tossing and tasting along the way. This will allow you to achieve the perfect balance of creaminess without drowning out the delicate flavors of the chicken, corn, and vegetables.
- Play with texture: Texture is key to an exceptional salad experience. Ensure a delightful interplay of textures by cutting the vegetables and chicken into bite-sized pieces, providing a pleasant crunch alongside the creaminess. Additionally, consider reserving a small portion of the corn kernels to add a subtle pop of texture when sprinkled on top of the finished salad.
- Opt for fresh herbs: The inclusion of fresh herbs will elevate the salad to new heights. Choose aromatic herbs such as parsley, dill, or chives to complement the flavors of the chicken and corn. Finely chop the herbs just before adding them to the salad to preserve their vibrant color and aromatic essence.
- Allow flavors to meld: For the most tantalizing results, refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together, enhancing the overall taste and ensuring a refreshing coolness. However, be mindful not to let it sit for too long, as the vegetables may become soggy. Serve the salad chilled and savor the delightful combination of flavors and textures.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Leftover Chicken and Corn Salad Appetizer Recipe
➡️ Nowadays, appetizer recipes are very popular all over the world. There are several reasons why people love snacks. They’re usually delicious, and easy to make with a variety of ingredients.
➡️ When you have a lot of leftover chicken, some mayonnaise and a few other ingredients, the appetizer salad is the perfect dish to prepare and turn the chicken into a delicious party food or make-ahead appetizer for the event you are organizing.
➡️ Not only is leftover chicken salad very tasty, but it’s also very versatile, so you can put everything you have at hand in it. You ran out of canned corn? No problem! Put mushrooms or green peas! You ran out of red onions? Add slices of red bell pepper! The idea is that only your imagination is the limit of the tasty salads you can make with leftover chicken! Enjoy making leftover chicken and corn salad appetizer from scratch!
➡️ If you need additional info, read more on starter! Also, I recommend you to try more homemade chicken salad recipes available on this website such as cold mushroom and chicken salad appetizer, leftover chicken and corn salad, vegetable chicken salad appetizer, leftover BBQ chicken salad, and more. Some mouth-watering corn salad recipes include cold mushroom and sweet corn salad, mayonnaise corn salad, and roasted pepper and corn salad with yogurt dressing.
➡️ Many more delicious chicken breast recipes are featured in my cookbooks Baked Chicken Breast Recipes: A Healthy Chicken Cookbook and Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes: Best Way to Cook Chicken Breast.
FAQs about the Leftover Chicken and Corn Salad
Can I use any type of chicken for the salad?
Yes, you can use any leftover cooked chicken for the salad, such as roasted, grilled, or even rotisserie chicken.
Can I substitute fresh corn with canned or frozen corn?
Absolutely! If fresh corn is not available, you can use canned or frozen corn kernels instead. Just make sure to drain canned corn and thaw frozen corn before using them in the salad.
How long can I store the leftover chicken and corn salad?
The leftover chicken and corn salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, it’s best to consume it within 1-2 days for optimal freshness.
Can I make the salad in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the salad in advance. However, it’s recommended to dress the salad just before serving to prevent it from becoming soggy. Keep the dressing separate until you’re ready to serve.
What dressing goes well with the chicken and corn salad?
A simple vinaigrette or a creamy dressing like ranch or Caesar dressing complements the flavors of the chicken and corn salad. You can also try a lime-cilantro dressing for a fresh and tangy taste.
Can I add other vegetables to the salad?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize the salad by adding your favorite vegetables. Some popular additions include diced tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, bell peppers, or red onions. Get creative and add what you enjoy!
Is the chicken and corn salad suitable for dietary restrictions?
The chicken and corn salad can be adapted to various dietary restrictions. For example, you can use a dairy-free dressing for a lactose-free option or omit certain ingredients if you have specific dietary needs or preferences.
Are there any variations of the chicken and corn salad?
Yes, there are numerous variations you can explore. You can add ingredients like black beans, avocado, diced red peppers, or even incorporate different herbs and spices to give it a unique twist. Feel free to experiment and find your favorite combination!
Related Chicken Salad Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by