Liver stuffed chicken roast recipes – how to make roasted whole chicken recipe stuffed with chicken liver. Easy roast chicken recipe to cook a stuffed chicken with simple and tasty ingredients like chicken livers.
Learn in this video how to make chicken liver stuffed chicken roast from scratch by using a yummy and easy roasted whole chicken recipe in the oven!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) a whole chicken of about 1,5-2 kg / 50-70 oz
2) salt and ground black pepper to taste
3) 0.5 kg / 17 oz of chicken liver
4) 250 g / 9 oz of Italian bread core
5) 3 tbsp of sour cream (12% fat)
6) 1 tbsp of mustard (classic, sweet, spicy)
7) 1/2 tsp of coriander powder or ginger powder
8) 1 egg
9) a bundle of parsley or coriander leaves
10) 1 tbsp of olive oil or sunflower oil
11) 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary or 1-2 rosemary sprigs
1) fill a high pot up with water, then add 2-3 spoons of salt, and stir until the salt is dissolved completely
2) place chicken into the pot for 1-2 hours to salt the meat evenly (you can replace this step by simply rubbing the chicken with salt)
3) take out chicken from the saline solution and drain water well
4) meanwhile, wash and clean chicken livers, then chop them into medium-sized pieces
5) take the core out from bread and break it into small pieces
6) place bread core into a bowl, then add sour cream
7) add mustard, salt, ground black pepper, coriander or ginger powder, egg, and chopped greenery, then mix by hand thoroughly until all ingredients are combined very well
8) add chopped chicken liver to the bowl and mix again
9) detach the skin from chicken breast and around leg joints
10) fill the space between the skin and chicken breast, then between the skin and leg joints with the stuffing prepared previously
11) place the rest of stuffing inside the chicken
12) place stuffed chicken on a tray, then pour some water in the tray and vegetable oil over chicken
13) sprinkle some ground black pepper and dried rosemary over chicken (you can add instead 1-2 rosemary sprigs into the tray)
14) cover the tray with foil, then place the tray in the oven at 180 C / 360 F for about 45 minutes
15) remove foil, put back the tray in the oven, and roast the chicken at the highest temperature until it’s brown (about 20-30 minutes)
16) stop the oven and let the stuffed chicken inside for about 30 minutes before serving
17) take the roasted chicken out of the tray and cut it up as desired
Roasted whole chicken recipes can be cooked with or without stuffing. I like both versions, so I cook pretty often roasted whole chicken filled with different ingredients.
One of the stuffed chicken recipes that I prepare for special events is chicken liver stuffed chicken roast. Generally speaking, this roasted whole chicken recipe doesn’t pose any difficulty to get the best results. Below are a few cooking tips recommended by me.
First, I highly recommend salting the chicken in saline solution instead of rubbing the skin with salt. With this technique, the chicken is salted evenly and you won’t have unpleasant surprises with too salted or unsalted parts of the roasted chicken.
Another important thing is to mix well ingredients for stuffing by hand. Doing so, you won’t break chicken livers too much and the spices will combine well with the other ingredients.
The third cooking tip that I consider very important is to protect the chicken breast with stuffing. Detaching the skin from the breast is not difficult and filling up that space will avoid drying the meat from that part of the roast chicken.
Another point that you have to consider when making a roasted whole chicken recipe is to roast chicken slowly. By using foil you shorter cooking time. If you don’t use it, you have to leave the stuffed chicken in the oven with about 30-40 minutes more.
Finally, wait to harden stuffing after turning off the oven. If you cut the chicken up immediately, the stuffing will detach from meat because it’s too juicy and soft. In a short time, it hardens enough to get a fantastic appearance of roasted chicken slices!
Enjoy chicken liver stuffed chicken roast!
Read more about stuffing chicken here.