📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Stuffed Chicken Roast Recipes at Home: Roast Stuffed Chicken with Chicken Livers
My roast stuffed chicken with chicken livers is possibly the most delicious stuffed chicken recipe you’ve ever cooked at home!
➡️ Are you looking for the tastiest stuffed chicken recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll find out how to stuff a whole chicken with chicken livers from scratch in 17 steps at home.
➡️ My easy roast chicken recipe enables you to cook a stuffed chicken in the oven with simple and tasty ingredients like chicken livers and more.
➡️ Read on and learn below how to make chicken liver stuffed chicken from scratch using a yummy and easy whole chicken roast recipe in the oven!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Whole Stuffed Chicken Roast with Chicken Livers from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make liver-stuffed chicken roast?
1) a whole chicken of about 1,5-2 kg/50-70 oz
2) salt and ground black pepper to taste
3) 0.5 kg/17 oz of chicken liver
4) 250 g/9 oz of Italian bread core
5) 3 tbsp of sour cream (12% fat)
6) 1 tbsp of mustard (classic, sweet, spicy)
7) 1/2 tsp of coriander powder or ginger powder
8) 1 egg
9) a bundle of parsley or coriander leaves
10) 1 tbsp of olive oil or sunflower oil
11) 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary or 1-2 rosemary sprigs
How to make liver-stuffed chicken roast from scratch?
1) fill a high pot with water, then add 2-3 spoons of salt, and stir until the salt is dissolved completely
2) place chicken into the pot for 1-2 hours to salt the meat evenly (you can replace this step by simply rubbing the chicken with salt)
3) take out chicken from the saline solution and drain the water well
4) meanwhile, wash and clean chicken livers, then chop them into medium-sized pieces
5) take the core out from the bread and break it into small pieces
6) place bread core into a bowl, then add sour cream
7) add mustard, salt, ground black pepper, coriander or ginger powder, egg, and chopped greenery, then mix by hand thoroughly until all ingredients are combined very well
8) add chopped chicken liver to the bowl and mix again
9) detach the skin from the chicken breast and around the leg joints
10) fill the space between the skin and chicken breast, then between the skin and leg joints with the stuffing prepared previously
11) place the rest of the stuffing inside the chicken
12) place stuffed chicken on a tray, then pour some water into the tray and vegetable oil over chicken
13) sprinkle some ground black pepper and dried rosemary over the chicken (you can add instead 1-2 rosemary sprigs into the tray)
14) cover the tray with foil, then place the tray in the oven at 180 C/360 F for about 45 minutes
15) remove foil, put back the tray in the oven, and roast the chicken at the highest temperature until it’s brown (about 20-30 minutes)
16) stop the oven and let the stuffed chicken inside for about 30 minutes before serving
17) take the roasted chicken out of the tray and cut it up as desired
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Whole Stuffed Chicken Roast Recipe with Chicken Livers
➡️ Whole chicken roast in the oven is one of the most cooked chicken recipes. There are many chicken roast recipes, of which a large part includes a whole chicken. Whole chicken roast recipes can be cooked with or without stuffing. I like both versions, so I cook pretty often whole chicken filled with different ingredients.
➡️ One of the stuffed chicken recipes that I prepare for special events is chicken liver stuffed chicken roast. In general, this whole chicken roast recipe doesn’t pose any difficulty to get the best results. However, I share a few tips below.
➡️ First, I highly recommend salting the chicken in saline solution instead of rubbing the skin with salt. With this technique, the chicken is salted evenly both inside and outside and you won’t have unpleasant surprises with too salted or unsalted parts of the roasted chicken.
➡️ Another important thing is to mix well ingredients for stuffing by hand. By doing so, you won’t break chicken livers too much and the spices will combine well with the other ingredients.
➡️ The third cooking tip that I consider very important is to protect the chicken breast with stuffing. Detaching the skin from the breast is not difficult and filling up that space will avoid drying the meat from that part of the roast chicken.
➡️ Another point that you have to consider when making a whole chicken recipe is to roast chicken slowly. By using foil you shorter cooking time. If you don’t use it, you have to leave the stuffed chicken in the oven for about 30-40 minutes more.
➡️ Finally, wait to harden the stuffing after turning off the oven. If you cut the chicken up immediately, the stuffing will detach from the meat because it’s too juicy and soft. In a short time, it hardens enough to get a fantastic appearance of roasted chicken slices!
➡️ Enjoy cooking whole stuffed chicken roast from scratch! For additional info, read more about stuffed chicken roast origins and cooking a whole chicken here.
Related Stuffed Chicken Roast Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by