Easy eggplant dip recipe to make a simple cold salad with roasted eggplants, mayonnaise, and onion.
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY Hungarian food! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) chop the roasted eggplant, by hand or by kitchen robot
2) place the boiled egg yolks into a bowl, then crush them by fork
3) add mustard and raw egg yolks, then combine well the ingredients
4) pour little sunflower oil while stirring energetically with a wooden spoon (recommended)
5) pour the rest of the oil slowly while combining the mayonnaise by mixer
6) the mayonnaise is ready when has a creamy consistency
7) place chopped eggplant into the mayonnaise
8) add the finely chopped onion
9) season with salt to taste, ad some ground black pepper if you like
10) mix well ingredients by the wooden spoon to incorporate air and make the cold eggplant salad fluffy
11) add some chopped greenery for more freshness and mix again
Roasted eggplant is one of the most refined ingredients to make salad recipes. There are some people who like more backed eggplant instead of roasted eggplant when preparing a salad appetizer or dip. The taste is pretty the same, excepting the smoked aroma.
There are many ways to make an eggplant dip. Some feature more baked or fresh vegetables, others include mayonnaise, especially the Eastern European versions.
I prefer to make roasted eggplant salad with mayonnaise using homemade mayonnaise. This doesn’t mean I don’t like eggplant dips without mayonnaise such as the Greek eggplant dip or the Lebanese eggplant dip!
The dip can also be prepared with mayonnaise bought from the store if you do not have much time available to make it at home.
I recommend you to chop the eggplant manually to have some texture, so the eggplant salad will have a more pronounced taste. Of course, you might use the robot if you want to!
However, be aware that when you chop it with the kitchen robot, the eggplant will have a pasty consistency.
Regarding the eggplant preparation, when I have the chance I like to roast them on the charcoal grill because of the smoked taste that matches very well this vegetable. However, you can roast them on the stovetop, on the stove if has a grill, or simply bake them in the oven. I use all of these techniques in different moments of the year and depending on the place where I am. Needless to say, all will enable you to make a perfect mayonnaise eggplant salad!
Also, you can use the mayonnaise eggplant salad to make various cold appetizers, such as cold stuffed tomatoes with eggplant salad or cold stuffed peppers with eggplant salad to name but a few of them.
Enjoy the mayonnaise eggplant salad!
You can read more about eggplant salads and appetizers here.