Homemade meatballs recipes – how to make authentic Italian meatballs in tomato sauce from scratch in 10 steps at home.
Learn in this video how to make meatballs in tomato sauce from scratch by using a tasty and easy Italian meatball recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY Italian food! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1,5 kg/50 oz of mincemeat (pork mince or pork and beef mince mixture)
2) 150 g/5 oz of onion (2-3 large onions)
3) salt and ground black pepper to taste
4) some vegetable oil
5) 700 ml/25 fl oz of concentrated tomato broth
6) 400 g/14 oz of peeled chopped tomatoes
7) 2-3 dried bay leaves
8) 1-2 tbsp of apple vinegar or white wine vinegar
9) 1 tsp of brown sugar (optional but recommended)
10) fresh basil leaves (optional but recommended)
1) make some meatballs at home using your favorite meatball recipe or buy meatballs from the store (about 1.5 kg/50 oz)
2) peel onions and chop them finely with a sharp knife or kitchen robot
3) put chopped onions in the pot and fry them over medium heat with a little oil, meanwhile season it with salt to taste
4) when the onion is glassy, place broth and peeled tomatoes in the pot
5) reduce temperature, add bay leaves to taste, and boil this tomato sauce with onions until lowers and has a slightly viscous consistency, mix ingredients occasionally
6) when the sauce is almost ready, season it with ground black pepper to taste and add 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar and a little brown sugar for a sweet-sour taste (optional)
7) mix ingredients and leave the sauce to boil for about 3-5 minutes more
8) put meatballs into the sauce and cook ingredients over low temperature until the sauce starts to bubble
9) serve some meatballs with tomato sauce on top
10) optionally, place a few fresh basil leaves over the food for more flavor and color
The meatball recipe marinated in tomato sauce has Italian origins and is today one of the most appreciated meatball recipes.
To cook meatballs, you can use minced pork, minced beef, or pork and beef mixture in different proportions of your choice. Those of you who don’t eat pork can use lamb, sheep, or turkey to replace it.
Most often, I use ground pork for this recipe, but sometimes I also use a mixture of pork and beef mincemeat in equal proportions.
My recommendation is to make homemade meatballs using the recipe you like at most. If you don’t have time, you can use meatballs bought from the store.
The secret to making these marinated meatballs very tasty is the tomato sauce. It should be prepared over low temperature to drop enough, otherwise, there is a risk of it being too watery.
Another important tip for these marinated meatballs in tomato sauce is to prepare the sauce with fresh herbs if you have them at hand. The tomato sauce will be more delicious and the final result will be really spectacular!
In addition to the tomato sauce recipe presented above, you can prepare a tomato sauce with crushed or chopped garlic added at the end. The sauce will have a spicier taste and the meatballs will absorb some of the garlic flavors.
Marinated meatballs are traditionally served in Italy with boiled pasta, especially with tagliatelle or spaghetti.
The most suitable drink next to the marinated Italian meatballs in tomato sauce is dry or half dry red wine. Good appetite!
Read more about the Italian cuisine here.