📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Stuffed Pepper Recipes at Home: Stuffed Peppers with Mince and Rice
My stuffed peppers recipe with mince and rice is one of the most delicious stuffed pepper recipes you ever cooked at home!
➡️ Are you looking for easy stuffed bell peppers recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll find out how to make mince stuffed peppers from scratch in 17 steps at home. Stuffed peppers are a very popular dish in many parts of the world such as the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and the Balkans. In the Balkan countries, the most popular recipes are mince stuffed peppers cooked with ground pork, sometimes a combination of pork and beef. In the United States, mince-stuffed peppers are appreciated in certain regions, but most recipes call for minced beef.
➡️ The type of minced meat used depends, in the end, on everyone’s preferences, but in the end, this is less important. What matters is the quality of the ingredients and the flavors used to flavor the food. My easy mince stuffed peppers recipe for dinner helps you cook classic bell peppers with simple ingredients such as mincemeat and rice.
➡️ Cooking mince stuffed peppers can be considered easy even by novice chefs. Just watch the cooking video below and learn how to make mince stuffed peppers from scratch using a yummy and easy stuffed bell peppers recipe with minced meat and rice!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Mince Stuffed Peppers Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make mince stuffed peppers?
1) about 25 medium-sized bell peppers
2) 500 g/18 oz of onion
3) 1-2 garlic cloves or to taste
4) 2 kg/70 oz of beef and pork mincemeat
5) salt and ground black pepper
6) 600 g/21 oz of rice
7) 2 eggs
8) some vegetable oil
9) 2 tbsp of sweet paprika (you can use spicy paprika as well)
10) some thyme to taste, fresh leaves, or dried
11) sour cream or yogurt for serving (optional)
How to make a mince stuffed peppers recipe from scratch?
1) remove stubs and seeds from bell peppers just like in the video
2) chop onions finely
3) chop the garlic finely
4) season mincemeat with salt and ground pepper to taste
5) add rice over the meat
6) break eggs over rice, then combine ingredients well
7) stuff the peppers with the previously prepared mixture, leaving some space at the end
8) press the meat to eliminate air bubbles from the mince
9) simmer chopped onions with some oil until glassy (about 3 minutes)
10) add chopped garlic and some salt, then simmer for 1-2 minutes more
11) add paprika and fry ingredients for 20 seconds by stirring them continuously
12) reduce temperature and add about 0.5 l/17 fl oz of water to stop frying
13) add some thyme to taste, then place a row of stuffed peppers with the cut upwards
14) add again water to cover the peppers, then continue identically until you put all the stuffed peppers in the pot and you filled it with water up
15) boil ingredients over low temperature until both bell peppers and mincemeat mixture are tender
16) when food is ready, stop the fire and wait about 30 minutes before serving (recommended)
17) serve the mince stuffed peppers with some sour cream on top (optional)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Mince Stuffed Peppers Recipe
➡️ Stuffed bell peppers are very popular food recipes in many countries. There are lots of recipes with stuffed bell peppers and the ingredients differ greatly depending on the country of origin of the recipe.
➡️ The filling for peppers varies a lot and contains diverse combinations of ingredients, so there are available stuffed bell pepper recipes both with vegetables and meat or a combination of both.
➡️ Stuffing peppers with different kinds of vegetables helps you to cook delicious foods, but the dishes with peppers stuffed with mincemeat are just as tasty. However, there are almost no limits when it comes to tasty ingredients for stuffing bell peppers.
➡️ The way of cooking is also different for stuffed bell peppers. Some stuffed bell pepper recipes require cooking the food on the stovetop, while others will indicate you bake the dish in the oven. Whichever recipe you’re using to make mince stuffed bell peppers, a thing is sure – the food it’s extremely tasty!
➡️ The recipe for stuffed peppers with mince and rice is very easy to make, does not require many ingredients, and does not have too much preparation time.
➡️ When making stuffed peppers with meat, I prefer to use a mixture of pork and beef, but it can only be made with minced pork or minced beef. However, you can use ground turkey as well to make stuffed peppers. If you have a chopper handy, I recommend buying the whole meat and chopping it at home for better control of the quality of the ingredients you are going to use.
➡️ If you like the spicy taste, you can also put a spoonful of hot paprika. When serving, sour cream is not required, but I still recommend serving the mince-stuffed peppers with cream placed on top for a more refined taste. Instead of cream, yogurt can be used as well for this stuffed bell peppers recipe.
➡️ Mince stuffed peppers is a delicacy that I often cook in the summer when bell peppers are abundant in the markets. I like them so much that I have several recipes for rice and mince stuffed peppers, some cooked in sauce on the stove, others cooked in the oven. Enjoy cooking mince stuffed peppers from scratch! For additional info, read more on stuffed peppers!
Related Stuffed Pepper Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by