Final Notes for the Mixed Veg Salad Recipe with Lettuce
➡️ Creating fresh vegetable salad recipes is one of my passions. I just love to eat steak of any kind with a delicious fresh mixed veg salad with lettuce and other vegetables, full of juice and freshness! Therefore, lettuce is one of the main ingredients used by me in the preparation of various mixed salads with fresh vegetables.
➡️ The recipe for the mixed veg salad with lettuce that I share on this page is very simple and requires very few ingredients. However, the veggie salad is really tasty and can be served simply, as a snack, main course, or with meat dishes.
➡️ Even if it’s very simple to make, below I share a few suggestions to get the best results when using my recipe to prepare your lettuce salad:
- those who like the less sweet taste can replace sweet oranges with Sicilian oranges, which are much more acidic and sour. Orange can also be replaced with red grapefruit, which tastes similar to Sicilian oranges.
- if you don’t have red onions on hand, you can use green onions or even leeks instead to prepare the recipe.
- if you like the sour taste, you can add half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to the veg salad, it combines excellently with the sweet taste of orange!
- over the veggie salad, you can add small pieces of feta, goat cheese, or cheese for more calories and an even more refined taste.
- if you don’t want to add cheese but you want to enrich the salad, you can add a few seedless black olives, they match perfectly with both orange and lettuce!
➡️ Regardless of the variant in which you prepare this mixed veg salad with lettuce, I recommend serving it very soon after it is ready because the lettuce leaves wither quickly, are no longer crispy, and lose their nutritional qualities.
➡️ Even though I like foods with meat a lot, I am also a big consumer of raw vegetables, especially in the form of salads that usually accompany my main dishes. I love all vegetables without exception and the fact that green leaf lettuce is easy to find all year round in supermarkets at affordable prices makes this plant often present in my veg salad recipes. Enjoy making mixed veg salad with lettuce from scratch! For additional info, read more on salad!