Homemade chocolate cake recipes – how to make a moist chocolate cake with pralines. Easy chocolate cake recipe to bake a homemade cake with simple and tasty ingredients like butter frosting, pralines, and dark chocolate cream.
Learn in this video how to make a moist chocolate cake with pralines by using a yummy and easy homemade cake recipe.
SUPER YUMMY moist chocolate cake with pralines by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 8 eggs
2) 150 g / 5.5 oz of granulated sugar for the sponge cake and 200 g / 7 oz for the syrup
3) 50 ml/ 1.7 fl oz of sunflower oil
4) 8 tbsp of water at room temperature for the cake and 300 ml / 10 fl oz for the syrup
5) 10 g / 0.35 oz of baking powder
6) 50 g / 1.75 oz of cocoa powder for the cake and și 60 g / 2.1 oz for the cream
7) 200 g / 7 oz of all-purpose flour
8) a pinch of salt
9) 350 g / 12.5 oz of butter or cake margarine
10) 100 g / 3.5 oz of caster sugar
11) 1 kg / 35 oz of chocolate cream bought from the store
12) 30 ml / 1 fl oz of rum essence
13) 100 g / 3.5 oz of dark chocolate or chocolate flakes
14) 600 g / 21 of chocolate pralines, bought from the store or homemade
1) break eggs, separate the egg yolks and whites, then put the yolks in a bowl
2) add 150 g / 5.5 oz of sugar over yolks and combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) add oil and mix again
4) add 8 spoons of water and mix
5) add baking powder and 50 g / 1.75 oz of cocoa powder, then mix ingredients by hand
6) gradually add flour while mixing by hand
7) put egg whites in another bowl, add a pinch of salt and whisk them until hard
8) gradually add egg whites in the first bowl while slowly mixing ingredients by hand
9) pour the dough into a baking paper coated mold,
10) place the mold in the preheated oven at 180 C / 360 F and wait until the cake top turns golden and the core is no longer sticky
11) take the sponge cake out from the mold and wait for it to cool to room temperature, start with the next step if you bought the sponge cake from the store
12) meanwhile, put butter at room temperature in a bowl and whip it by mixer until becomes creamy
13) gradually add powdered sugar as you mix
14) put chocolate cream in a bowl, then gradually add sweetened butter while combining ingredients by mixer
15) add 60 g / 2.1 oz of cocoa powder and mix again
16) use a sharp knife and cut the sponge cake on the side in three equal sheets
17) put in a mug 200 g / 7 oz of sugar, pour 300 ml of water and the rum essence, then mix ingredients well to make a syrup
18) put the first cake sheet on a platter, pour about 1/3 of the syrup all over its surface and spread a thin layer of chocolate cream
19) put over the second cake sheet, pour 1/3 of the syrup and spread again a thin layer of cream
20) put on top the third cake sheet, pour the remaining syrup over its entire surface and spread the remaining cream to coat both the top and the edge
21) put the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to slightly harden the chocolate cream
22) in the meantime, scrape large strips of dark chocolate or go straight to the next step if you are using chocolate flakes
23) take the cake out from the fridge and coat the edge with chocolate strips or flakes
24) garnish the cake with chocolate pralines as you prefer
25) fill the empty spaces up between pralines with chocolate flakes
26) put this tasty moist chocolate cake with pralines in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving
Chocolate cake is one of the most appreciated homemade cake recipes all over the world.
Due to the popularity of this type of homemade cake, over time various recipes have been invented, some simpler, others more complicated.
On this page, I present a homemade chocolate cake that seems complicated to prepare at first glance, but in reality, it’s very easy to make, with quite a few ingredients and within a reasonable amount of time.
I like to make the sponge cake at home but of course, you can buy it from the bakery or store to save time.
I use chocolate pralines (also known as Belgian pralines) bought from the store. If you have time, you can prepare them at home 1-2 days before making the cake.
The buttercream for this tasty moist chocolate cake with pralines is very easy to prepare from the bought chocolate cream.
The buttercream recipe is simple and quick, so it’s an excellent alternative to the classic, time-consuming chocolate cream. In addition, traditional cream requires a lot of experience and advanced chocolatier knowledge.
Enjoy the moist chocolate cake with pralines!