Homemade chocolate cake recipes – how to make a moist chocolate cake with truffles and praline. Homemade cake recipe to bake a cake with simple and tasty ingredients like truffles, praline, and more.
Learn in this video how to make a moist chocolate cake from scratch by using a homemade chocolate cake recipe with truffles and praline!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 10 eggs
2) 200 g / 7 oz + 250 g / 9 oz + 100 g / 3.5 oz of granulated sugar
3) 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
4) 250 g / 9 oz of all-purpose flour
5) 10 g / 0.35 oz of baking powder
6) 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz of sparkling water
7) 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz of sunflower oil
8) 250 g / 9 oz of raw unsalted peanuts (you can use unsalted roasted peanuts as well)
9) 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz + 300 ml / 10 fl oz of cold water
10) 400 g / 14 oz of butter at room temperature
11) 50 g / 1.75 oz of caster sugar
12) 500 g / 17.5 oz of heavy chocolate cream, bought from the store
13) 1 tbsp of rum essence or dark rum
14) 250 g / 9 oz of chocolate truffles, bough from the store or homemade
1) break eggs and place them into a bowl, then add 200 g / 7 oz of sugar and combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
2) sieve cocoa powder and flour into the bowl, then add baking powder and combine gently ingredients by hand
3) add sparkling water and combine again
4) add sunflower oil and combine again
5) divide the dough into two equal parts, then place them into floured baking molds of about 27 cm / 11-inch diameter
6) bake the dough in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F until the top is brown and the core is no more sticky
7) take the sponge cake out from the oven and wait to cool to room temperature
8) meanwhile, place raw peanuts on a baking paper coated tray, then place the tray into the oven and roast peanuts at 200 C / 390 F until slightly brown, flip them several times to roast evenly (skip this step if you are using roasted peanuts)
9) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool the peanuts a couple of minutes
10) meanwhile, cut each sponge cake sideways in two equal parts
11) place 50 ml / 1.7 fl oz of water into a pot, then add 250 g / 9 oz of sugar, stir and boil ingredients over the highest temperature (DON’T MIX AGAIN!) until sugar is caramelized
12) when the caramel is golden brown, pour it over the roasted peanuts into a uniform layer, then wait to harden and cool to room temperature (WORK VERY CAREFULLY WHEN POUR CARAMEL BECAUSE IT’S EXTREMELY HOT AND COULD CAUSE SEVERE BURNINGS!)
13) chop praline by hand or kitchen robot into medium-sized pieces
14) cube butter, then add the caster sugar and combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
15) add chocolate cream gradually into the bowl while stirring by mixer
16) pour about 300 ml / 10 fl oz of water into the pot that you have used to make the caramel, add 100 g / 3.5 oz of sugar and rum essence, then mix and boil ingredients until sugar is dissolved entirely
17) wait to cool to room temperature after the syrup is ready
18) place a sponge cake layer to a large platter, syrup it until the sponge cake is slightly moistened, then stretch a chocolate cream layer over it
19) place over another sponge cake layer, syrup and stretch chocolate cream, then do the same with the remaining sponge cake layers
20) coat the chocolate cake entirely with cream on top and side
21) coat the side with pralines all around
22) on the cake’s top, place chocolate truffles in the middle, then cover the remaining space with pralines
23) place the moist chocolate cake into the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving to harden the cream well
Chocolate cake is, definitely, one of the most prepared and beloved homemade cake recipes all over the world.
Because of the very high popularity, there are available lots of chocolate cake recipes. The one presented on this page is a deluxe recipe because of the chocolate truffles and pralines.
Making this moist chocolate cake takes a bit of time, but the result is worth any effort! This torte looks amazing and has a very refined taste. As a result, everyone will be impressed and will love this unique chocolate cake!
There are not too many baking tips to share about this homemade cake recipe.
I suggest sieving both the flour and cocoa powder before making the sponge cake. In this way, you’ll get a very fluffy sponge cake and the torte will be moist and soft.
Making praline might seem a bit hard and tricky. However, the process is quite simple. The only thing you need to pay more attention to is to work slowly and carefully when pouring caramel over roasted peanuts.
Garnishing this moist chocolate cake depends entirely on you. You can combine praline and chocolate truffles just you like!
Enjoy the moist chocolate cake with truffles and praline!
Read more about chocolate cake types here.