Learn in this video how to make cauliflower casserole by using an easy mushroom and cauliflower gratin recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1.5 kg/50 oz of cauliflower
2) 500 g/18 oz of fresh Champignon mushrooms or another mushroom type
3) 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
4) 20 g/0.7 oz of butter
5) 1 tbsp of breadcrumbs
6) 500 g/17.5 oz of sour cream (12% fat)
7) 2 egg yolks
8) 200 g/7 oz of grated cheese (Cheddar, Parmesan, or another similar cheese type to taste)
9) some salt and ground white pepper to taste
10) nutmeg powder to taste
1) separate cauliflower into smaller bunches
2) boil cauliflower partly (al dente) into salted water
3) drain water after cauliflower is pretty soft, then wait to cool to room temperature
4) meanwhile, fry mushrooms into a pan with some oil over high temperature until slightly brown
5) butter a heat-proof pan all over
6) sprinkle breadcrumbs in the pan to get a thin layer
7) place cauliflower into the pan with the tails downwards
8) put fried mushroom into the pan amid cauliflower bunches
9) place sour cream into a bowl, add salt, nutmeg powder, and ground white pepper to taste, then add 2 egg yolks and combine ingredients well by hand
10) add grated cheese into the bowl and mix again ingredients to combine well
11) pour sour cream mixture over vegetables from the pan as evenly as possible
12) place the pan into the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the mushroom and cauliflower casserole until golden brown on top (about 15-25 minutes)
13) take the pan out from the oven and wait about 15 minutes before serving to harden a bit the cheese layer
Gratin or casserole is a food type that is usually cooked in the oven. Most often, this food type is baked at a medium temperature.
There are available lots of such food recipes with vegetables, meat or a combination of them. Among the vegetables used to cook a casserole, cauliflower and mushroom are at the top of preferences.
Cooking a mushroom and cauliflower gratin recipe is very easy. There are necessary just a few ingredients and basic cooking skills to get great results.
Also, both preparation and cooking time is short. As a result, there is not surprising that gratin recipes are so popular with people looking to eat something very tasty that can be cooked quickly and without too much effort!
Vegetables in this recipe are flavored with nutmeg and ground white pepper. Needless to say, there can be used other spices as well such as garlic, thyme, rosemary, and so on. In fact, you can flavor the food just like you want!
One of the most important tips is to boil the cauliflower partly or al dente. If you cook it until it’s very soft, the casserole will have a paste texture and you will not like it at all!
Another tip is to spread the breadcrumbs evenly over the pan’s bottom. The breadcrumb will prevent burning the food, so give importance to this stage!
The third tip you should consider is to wait when the mushroom and cauliflower casserole is ready. The cheese and sour cream mixture is fluid from the high temperature and it needs some time to harden and become creamy.
Enjoy the mushroom and cauliflower gratin recipe!
You can read more about different gratin types here.