8 PRO Tips for the Mushroom Chicken Stew Recipe
- Avoid cutting the chicken breast into pieces that are too small or too large, the large ones may remain raw inside, and the small ones may break into very small pieces during cooking.
- Use only very fresh mushrooms, if you don’t have fresh mushrooms on hand you can also use whole canned mushrooms, but in this case, skip the step of frying them
- I recommend red bell peppers for this recipe because they are sweeter but you can use any other type of pepper, regardless of their color.
- If you like spicy food, you can add 1-2 chili peppers or you can replace the black pepper with hot chili pepper.
- Chicken broth is recommended for a stronger chicken taste, but you can also use water instead if you don’t have this ingredient at hand.
- If the stew is too watery in the end but you have to stop cooking the stew because all the ingredients are very tender, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch to get a creamier consistency of the sauce.
- Dill can be replaced with other herbs such as parsley or coriander.
- If the sauce is too low, you can add a tablespoon of heavy cream to each plate to get a creamy sauce.
➡️ Enjoy cooking chicken stew recipes from scratch! For additional info, read more on stew.