Green beans salad recipes – how to make mushroom and green bean salad with mayonnaise at home.
Easy salad appetizer recipe to make a string bean salad with simple and tasty ingredients like canned mushrooms and mayonnaise.
Learn in this video how to make a mushroom and green bean salad with mayonnaise from scratch by using a tasty and easy salad appetizer recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of string beans, boiled or canned
2) 500 g/17 oz of canned mushrooms
3) 250 g/10 oz of baby carrots
4) 400 g/14 oz of sour cream
5) 200 g/7 oz of mayonnaise, bought or homemade
6) 100 g/3.5 oz of mustard, sweet or spicy on your desire
7) some fine salt to taste
8) 2-3 crushed garlic cloves (1 tsp of garlic powder) or to taste
9) some ground white pepper to taste
10) 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar or to taste (optional, depending on the mustard type you are using)
11) some chopped green dill to taste
1) boil string beans until soft, drain the water, and wait to cool to room temperature or open the can, rinse green beans, and drain the water, then place beans into a large bowl
2) open the mushroom can, rinse the content, drain the water well, then place mushrooms over string beans
3) peel carrots off, then grate coarsely and place them into the bowl
4) place sour cream into another bowl, then add over the mayonnaise
5) add mustard over mayonnaise, then season with salt to taste
6) add crushed garlic cloves or garlic powder to the bowl
7) add some ground white pepper to taste and sugar, then mix ingredients very well
8) pour the mayonnaise sauce over ingredients in the first bowl, then mix ingredients thoroughly
9) chop the dill and sprinkle it over the salad appetizer
10) place the mushroom and string bean salad into the fridge for at least 1 hour to combine flavors better (recommended)
The main ingredients of the appetizer are string beans and mushroom. Of course, the salad can be prepared with wax yellow beans exactly in the same way.
You can use both canned and fresh green beans, on your desire. The taste of the salad is pretty the same, with a plus of vitamins for the fresh version, of course.
However, the fresh carrots give enough freshness and healthiness to the salad, so using frozen string beans is a good choice when you want to save time and spend less time in the kitchen.
I like garlic flavor very mush, so I use more of it into this salad appetizer. Nevertheless, you can use garlic on your taste, but I recommend a minimum of 2-3 garlic cloves to enjoy a spicy appetizer.
Regarding the mustard, you can use both sweet and spicy versions, as you like. Personally, I like to use spicy mustard that I combine with a bit of sugar to confer a spicy-sweet taste to the salad.
A very important thing that I underline is to drain the water VERY WELL from both string beans and mushroom. Basically, you have to remove water completely from vegetables. If you don’t do so, your salad will have a watery texture and an unpleasant taste.
Finally, you can replace dill with other fresh aromatic plants such as parsley or coriander if you like those flavors more than dill.
Enjoy the mushroom and green bean salad recipe with mayonnaise!
Read more about appetizer types here.