Easy rice pilaf recipes – how to make vegetarian mushroom rice pilaf with green peas. Easy rice recipe to cook vegetable pilaf with canned or fresh peas, mushroom, rice, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make mushroom rice pilaf with a yummy and easy vegetarian rice recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 10 tbsp of rice
3) some salt to taste
4) 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil
5) 200 g / 7 oz of canned mushroom (you can also use some fresh mushroom type like Champignon mushrooms)
6) 200 g / 7 oz of canned peas (you might use fresh or frozen peas as well)
7) 1/2 tbsp of dried marjoram (optional)
8) some chopped parsley leaves to taste (optional)
1) place rice in a pot, add water to cover it, season it with some salt to taste, then wait about one hour to soften the rice (optional but recommended)
2) put the pot to the stovetop over medium temperature, add some oil and wait to boil the rice
3) in the meantime, place the fresh, frozen or canned mushroom in a pan and add 1-2 tablespoons of oil, then fry it over high temperature
4) when mushrooms start to brown, add fresh, frozen or canned peas, reduce temperature, put a lid to the pot and simmer food a couple of minutes to soften peas
5) add dried marjoram for more flavor just before vegetables are tender
6) take the pot with rice from the stove when the rice is soft and fluffy, add fried mushroom and pea mixture over boiled rice (drain oil from vegetables if necessary)
7) mix rice and fried vegetables by hand to combine well, add some chopped parsley for more freshness and vitamins
8) cover the pot with a lid and wait about 10-15 minutes until de rice becomes very fluffy from the steam
Vegetable rice pilaf is one of the most-cooked food recipes in some parts of the world such as Asia and Africa. As a result, there are available many recipes including rice and different vegetables.
This vegetarian rice pilaf recipe is very easy to cook and the food is ready in a short time, especially when you are using canned mushroom and canned peas.
However, the cooking time doesn’t increase too much when are used fresh mushrooms and fresh peas, so if you have the opportunity, use fresh vegetables instead of the canned versions.
Mushroom rice pilaf with green peas is very tasty and is perfect for an easy meal in the scorching summer days or when you’re on diet.
The recipe can be cooked without green peas as well if you don’t have this vegetable at hand or simply you don’t want to use it. However, the food is tastier and more appealing when features peas, so I recommend you to include it into the recipe.
Regarding mushroom type for this recipe – you can use any edible fresh or even canned mushroom variety.
Regarding the used greenery, I use most often parsley leaves, but coriander or even dill can replace it successfully.
View how to make rice pilaf!
More information about rice pilaf origins are available here.