📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Creamy Mushroom Sauce Recipes at Home: Mushroom Sauce with Sour Cream
My creamy mushroom sauce recipe is one of the most delicious homemade mushroom sauce recipes you’ve ever cooked!
➡️ Searching for creamy mushroom sauce recipes in 2023? You don’t need to look further because here you’ll find out how to make a homemade mushroom sauce for steak, pasta, chicken, and more in 6 steps at home. Mushrooms are very popular all over the world because they are delicious and very versatile, and among the most frequently used mushroom recipes are the sauce ones.
➡️ There are various types of mushroom sauce recipes that can be divided into several general categories such as brown (without cream or milk), white (with cream or milk), or red (with tomato broth). My easy fresh mushroom recipe enables you to cook a creamy mushroom sauce with simple and tasty ingredients like sour cream, fresh dill or parsley, and garlic.
➡️ Cooking a mushroom sauce with sour cream is very simple and doesn’t pose any problems even for novice home chefs. You need just to watch the cooking video below and learn how to make a mushroom sauce with sour cream from scratch using a creamy mushroom sauce recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Mushroom Sauce with Sour Cream from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for the creamy mushroom sauce recipe?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of fresh mushrooms (Champignon mushrooms, Portobello mushrooms, or another similar type)
2) 2 tbsp of olive oil
3) 5-6 garlic cloves or to taste
4) 600 g/20 oz of sour cream (12% fat)
5) 1 bundle of fresh greenery (dill, parsley, coriander, basil)
6) some salt and ground white pepper to taste
How to make a creamy mushroom sauce recipe from scratch?
1) wash mushrooms well, drain the water, and chop them (not necessary if you’re using smaller mushrooms)
2) pour oil into a frying skillet, wait to get hot, add the mushrooms inside, and fry them over a very high temperature until they eliminate water and it drops significantly (about 10 minutes)
3) meanwhile, peel and finely chop garlic, then add it to the skillet and continue frying ingredients for about 3-5 minutes
4) in the meantime, place sour cream into a bowl
5) wash well, drain water, and chop finely some greenery, place it over the sour cream, season ingredients with some salt and white pepper to taste, then mix ingredients thoroughly
6) reduce temperature to a minimum, pour the sour cream mixture over the mushrooms in the skillet, stir the ingredients, and wait just until the creamy mushroom sauce starts bubbling, then turn the stove off
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Homemade Mushroom Sauce Recipe with Sour Cream
➡️ Homemade mushroom sauce is one of the most popular recipes nowadays. This is not surprising, given that we have access to cheap fresh mushrooms in all supermarkets in the world. Moreover, there are many mushroom sauce recipes that can be made with canned mushrooms, and they are also cheap and can be found everywhere.
➡️ Cooking a simple mushroom sauce is very easy, no matter whether you’re using canned or fresh mushrooms. Personally, I use fresh mushrooms as many times as I can, but, the canned mushroom version is just perfect when you want to save a couple of minutes when you’re in the kitchen.
➡️ There are more homemade mushroom sauce types and you’ll find more detailed information below. I mostly like creamy mushroom sauce recipes, but this doesn’t mean I don’t cook brown mushroom sauce or tomato mushroom sauce.
➡️ In my opinion, a creamy mushroom sauce goes perfectly with spaghetti or another pasta type, but also with roast chicken, pork steak, or veal schnitzel. Needless to say, there are many other delicious food combinations that you could try.
➡️ The creamy mushroom sauce recipe I share on this page is quite simple and requires a few ingredients, that are easy to find and aren’t costly at all. So, including it in your most-used recipe list is a great choice because it is extremely versatile and can be combined with a lot of other dishes.
➡️ When it comes to tips for this recipe, I’ll mention that is very important to use as little oil as possible when frying the mushrooms to avoid the sauce being greasy.
➡️ It is also important to use sour cream for cooking or one of a very good quality bought from farmers to avoid it getting cheesy when it comes in contact with the heat from the pan.
➡️ Creamy mushroom sauce is the kind of dish you need in order to cook a lot of delicious dishes because it goes well with almost anything – pasta, chicken, steak or any other main dish. Enjoy cooking mushroom sauce with sour cream for steak, pasta, chicken, and more! For additional info, read more on mushroom sauce!
Related Mushroom Sauce Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by