Easy homemade cake recipe to make an old-fashioned cake with simple and delicious ingredients such as ground walnut core.
Learn in this video how to make a walnut cake from scratch by using an old-fashioned cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade walnut cake recipe from scratch by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY baking cakes at home! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) weigh 5 eggs – they have together about 300 g/10.5 oz
2) weigh the same amount of sugar as the eggs
3) weigh the same amount of flour as the eggs
4) weigh the same amount of lard as the eggs
5) break eggs into a bowl
6) add sugar over eggs, then combine ingredients by mixer
7) add vanilla, zest, and pork lard, then combine ingredients by hand
8) sift flour, then add it into the bowl
9) add baking powder, then combine slowly ingredients by hand
10) pour the dough on a tray coated with baking paper, then put the tray into the oven at 170 C/340 F
11) bake the cake until the core is no more sticky and the top is golden
12) while the cake is in the oven, combine caster sugar with ground walnut
13) take the cake out from the tray and wait about 5 minutes to cool a bit
14) cut out half-moon shaped pieces by using a mold or glass
15) coat each cake piece with the walnut-sugar mixture, then wait until it coos down to room temperature before serving
Walnut cake is one of the most appreciated and oldest cake recipes. Despite its long history that stretches over centuries, it remains one of the most popular desserts even today.
This old-fashioned walnut cake recipe is very fluffy and tender when you prepare it, but it remains soft and does not dry for a few days because of the pork lard.
This is a traditional cake recipe, so it’s quite simple and doesn’t require advanced baking skills, nor rare ingredients. It’s actually a volumetric recipe, which means that you need to use the same volume of the main ingredients.
This is why you have to weigh eggs and they use the same amount of sugar, flour, and lard.
Like many cakes that feature lard among ingredients, this cake is usually prepared from late fall to early spring when low temperatures allow preparing lard-based cakes.
This recipe was one of the homemade cake recipes used very often by my grandma in wintertime and the cake was one of my favorites in my childhood because I love walnut and any cake containing walnut.
Even today I make the recipe when I want to prepare a very delicious cake based on an old-fashioned cake recipe.
Keep in mind that it’s very important to cover the walnut cake as long as it’s warm, otherwise, the sugar and ground walnut core will not stick to it.
Enjoy the old-fashioned walnut cake recipe!
Read more about the walnut origins and benefits here.