📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Recipes: Orange and Chocolate Cheesecake
My homemade orange and chocolate cheesecake recipe is possibly the most delicious orange chocolate cheesecake recipe you’ve ever made at home!
➡️ Are you looking for the best chocolate cheesecake recipes in 2023? On this site, you’ll discover how to make orange and chocolate cheesecake from scratch in 21 steps at home. Cheesecake is the type of traditional dessert that maintains its high popularity in almost every part of the United States. In fact, it’s a highly appreciated cake in other parts of the world and especially in Europe, where cheesecake is made not only with mascarpone but also with other types of cheese such as cottage cheese.
➡️ I make cheesecake quite often, especially after the end of the summer season, when fresh fruit becomes almost impossible to find in farmers’ markets. It’s, of course, about the baked cheesecake recipes, because I like to make no-bake cheesecake versions in the summer as well. My easy orange and chocolate cheesecake recipe will help you to prepare a homemade cake with simple and tasty ingredients like mascarpone.
➡️ Preparing my cheesecake recipe is child’s play, even for those less experienced in baking homemade cakes. Simple and quick, the recipe is perfect for when you want a dessert that will pamper you without making too much effort. Watch the video below and learn how to make an orange and chocolate cheesecake using a yummy and easy homemade cheesecake recipe with mascarpone!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Orange Chocolate Cheesecake from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make an orange and chocolate cheesecake recipe?
1) 600 g/21 oz of plain chocolate or oat biscuits
2) grated zest from an orange
3) 2×100 g/3.5 oz of butter
3) 2 oranges
4) 500 g/18 oz of mascarpone (or another sweet cheese type like ricotta or cottage cheese)
5) 150 g/5 oz of granulated sugar
6) 3 tbsp of heavy creamy
7) 3 eggs
8) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
9) 40 g/1.4 oz of cornstarch
10) 200 g/7 oz of dark chocolate
How to make an orange and chocolate cheesecake from scratch?
1) crush biscuits by hand or kitchen robot
2) grate zest from orange over biscuits
3) melt 100 g/3.5 oz of butter, then pour it over biscuits and combine ingredients well
4) place buttered biscuits into a mold in a uniform layer
5) press biscuits to the edge to cover 2/3 of it
6) press biscuits to the mold bottom to remove air bubbles
7) peel 2 oranges up to the pulp
8) cut the pulp out just like in the video to remove skin and seeds, then chop it up into very small pieces
9) place mascarpone in a bowl, then add over it sugar and heavy cream
10) separate egg yolks, then add them to the bowl
11) add vanilla extract and combine all ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
12) add cornstarch, then mix ingredients by hand
13) bake the biscuits base in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F for about 15 minutes, then wait to cool to room temperature
14) whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt until hard
15) add the orange pulp to the cheese bowl and mix the ingredients by hand
16) add egg white and combine gently by hand
17) pour the cheese cream into the mold, put the mold in the oven, bake the cheesecake for 60 minutes at 170 C/340 F, then wait to cool to room temperature
18) cut biscuit crust excess on the edge if necessary
19) place chocolate into a saucepan, then add 100 g/3.5 oz of butter, place the pan over steam (bain-marie), and mix ingredients until you get a smooth chocolate creme
20) pour chocolate icing over the cheesecake in a uniform layer
21) wait to harden the chocolate before slicing the cheesecake up
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Orange Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
➡️ This chocolate cheesecake is one of my favorite homemade cake recipes because of the fantastic taste provided by the heavenly orange and chocolate combination!
➡️ For those who don’t know, cheesecake is a dessert with one or more layers. The thickest layer is made of sweet cheese (cream cheese, ricotta, cottage cheese, mascarpone), while the base is prepared with different ingredients. Additionally, cheesecakes are of two types – baked, just like this recipe, and unbaked, usually refrigerated.
➡️ Generally speaking, a cheesecake is flavored most often with vanilla or lemon. This recipe features an orange aroma for a more refined and unique taste.
➡️ Maybe it seems a bit tricky to make this chocolate cheesecake recipe, but in reality, it’s not as hard as it looks and the unique flavors of the cheesecake are worth any effort! After you will prepare it once, I assure you that your family and friends will ask you to make it again and again! The taste of this chocolate cheesecake recipe is simply memorable!
➡️ Chocolate and orange are two flavors that go very well together, and when you combine them in a dessert like cheesecake, they turn into a feast truly worthy of a king! Enjoy making orange chocolate cheesecake recipes from scratch! For additional info, read more about cheesecake origins here.
Related Mascarpone, Ricotta, and Cottage Cheese Cake Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by