📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Baked Bream Fish in the Oven: Baked Sea Bream Recipe
My oven-baked sea bream is one of the most delicious baked bream fish recipes you’ve ever made. View the recipe and video below!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
Oven-Baked Bream Fish
- 35 oz sea bream (2 pieces) – you can use other similar marine fish species as well
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic or to taste
- a handful of finely chopped dill
- 2 oz red onions (a larger onion)
- wash the sea bream, then rub it well with salt both outside and inside.
- pour the olive oil into a bowl.
- squeeze the juice from half a lemon and add it to the bowl.
- chop the garlic finely and add half of it to the bowl.
- chop the dill finely and add half of it to the bowl.
- add ground black pepper to taste.
- mix the ingredients in the bowl well.
- coat the sea bream with the previously prepared marinade.
- add the rest of the garlic and dill inside the fish.
- finely chop the onion, cut half a lemon into thin slices, and put them inside the fish.
- line with baking paper a tray and place the fish on it.
- bake the fish in the oven at 200C/390 F until it turns golden on top (about 30-40 minutes.)
Cooking Tips for the Best Results:
- Properly season the fish: Before placing the bream fish in the oven, be sure to season it well with your desired seasonings. A simple seasoning of salt, pepper, and lemon juice can go a long way in enhancing the natural flavors of the fish.
- Use a baking dish that fits the fish: Choose a baking dish that is just big enough to fit the bream fish without overcrowding it. This will ensure that the fish cooks evenly and that the skin remains crispy.
- Keep the fish moist: To prevent the fish from drying out, you can brush it with a bit of olive oil or melted butter before placing it in the oven. Another option is to cover the fish with foil for the first half of the cooking time, and then remove the foil to allow the skin to crisp up during the second half of the cooking time.
- Check the internal temperature: The internal temperature of the fish should reach 145°F (63°C) for it to be fully cooked. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature in the thickest part of the fish, near the head.
- Let it rest: Once the fish is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures that the fish stays moist and flavorful.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
FAQs about the Baked Bream Fish Recipe
What is baked bream fish?
Baked bream fish is a dish that involves cooking bream fish in the oven. It results in a moist and flavorful seafood meal.
How do I prepare bream fish for baking?
To prepare bream fish for baking, you can clean and gut the fish, season it with salt, pepper, and herbs of your choice, and place it on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
What temperature and duration should I bake bream fish at?
Baking temperatures and times can vary depending on the recipe and the size of the fish. As a general guideline, you can bake bream fish at around 375°F to 400°F (190°C to 200°C) for approximately 20 to 30 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Can I add other ingredients to enhance the flavor of baked bream fish?
Yes, you can enhance the flavor of baked bream fish by adding ingredients such as lemon slices, garlic, herbs, or a drizzle of olive oil. These additions can complement the natural flavors of the fish.
How do I know when the bream fish is fully cooked?
The fish is fully cooked when the flesh is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C) for the fish to be safely cooked.
What are some serving suggestions for baked bream fish?
Baked bream fish pairs well with various side dishes such as roasted vegetables, steamed rice, or a fresh salad. You can also squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish before serving to add brightness to the flavors.
Can I use different types of fish for baking instead of bream?
Yes, you can adapt the baking method to different types of fish based on their size and texture. Some popular choices for baking include snapper, trout, or sea bass.
Are there any alternative cooking methods for bream fish?
Yes, aside from baking, you can also grill, pan-fry, or steam bream fish, depending on your preference and the recipe you’re following.
Are there any specific considerations for choosing fresh bream fish?
When selecting bream fish, look for clear and bright eyes, shiny skin, and a fresh ocean-like smell. The flesh should be firm and resilient to the touch.
Can I make a sauce or marinade to accompany baked bream fish?
Absolutely! You can prepare a sauce or marinade using ingredients like lemon juice, garlic, herbs, olive oil, or butter to complement the flavors of the baked bream fish.
➡️ Enjoy cooking sea bream fish in the oven from scratch! If you need additional info, read more here. I recommend you to try a few more very tasty baked fish recipes like baked whole mackerel, baked salmon fillets, and baked cod fillets.
📖 Cooking article by