📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Oven-Baked Chicken Strips At Home
Whether you’re looking for a quick and convenient snack or a hearty meal, oven-baked chicken tenders are a tasty and healthy option that everyone will love!
➡️ Chicken strips are a beloved snack and meal option for people of all ages, but let’s face it – traditional fried chicken strips can be a bit heavy and greasy. If you’re looking for a healthier and more convenient way to enjoy this tasty treat, oven-baked chicken strips might be just the answer. In this article, I’ll explore the benefits of oven-baked chicken strips, provide a delicious recipe for making them at home, and share some ideas for tasty dipping sauces and side dishes to serve alongside.
➡️ But why choose oven-baked chicken strips for your dinner? There are several reasons to choose oven-baked chicken strips over fried ones. For one, baked chicken tenders are generally lower in fat and calories than their fried counterparts, making them a healthier choice for those looking to watch their intake of these nutrients. Baked chicken tenderloins are also typically easier to prepare than fried chicken, as they don’t require a deep fryer or a large amount of oil to cook.
➡️ Another benefit of oven-baked chicken tenders is that they can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later use. This makes them a convenient meal option for busy families or individuals who don’t have a lot of time to cook. Simply bake a batch of chicken tenders in the oven and store them in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat them. When you’re ready to enjoy the chicken tenders, simply rewarm them in the oven or in a pan on the stove until they are heated through.
➡️ Finally, oven-baked chicken tenders are a great option for people who are trying to avoid the mess and hassle of frying chicken at home. No need to worry about hot oil splattering everywhere or the cleanup that comes with using a deep fryer. Simply bake the chicken tenders in the oven and enjoy a delicious meal with minimal effort.
The Magic Story of Cooking Oven-Baked Chicken StripsBuy some skinless boneless chicken breast, turn the oven on, follow my recipe carefully, and the magic of cooking oven-baked chicken strips begins! Click To Tweet
Extra Tasty Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
➡️ Now that we’ve covered the benefits of oven-baked chicken strips, let’s dive into a delicious recipe for making them at home. This recipe yields about 4 servings of chicken tenders, but can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a larger group.
Oven-Baked Chicken Strips
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 pieces eggs beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip each chicken tenderloin in the beaten eggs, making sure to coat both sides.
- Next, place the egg-coated chicken tenderloin in the breadcrumb mixture and press gently to coat both sides.
- Place the breaded chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet, making sure to leave a bit of space between each one.
- Bake the chicken tenders for 15-20 minutes, or until they are cooked through and the breadcrumbs are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the chicken tenders warm, with your choice of dipping sauce and side dishes.
Dipping Sauces and Side Dishes for Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders
➡️ Now that you’ve made a batch of delicious oven-baked chicken tenders, it’s time to think about what to serve alongside them. There are endless options for dipping sauces and side dishes to choose from, so feel free to get creative and mix and match to suit your taste. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Dipping sauces: some classic options for dipping sauces include BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, honey mustard, and marinara sauce. You can also try more unique sauces like teriyaki, sweet and sour, or even a spicy buffalo sauce. For a healthier option, you can also try dipping your chicken tenders in homemade yogurt or tzatziki sauce.
- Side dishes: some tasty side dishes to serve alongside your oven-baked chicken tenders include roasted vegetables, a simple salad, or a batch of homemade fries. You can also try pairing your chicken tenders with classic sides like mashed potatoes, mac, and cheese, or green beans. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also try serving your chicken tenders with a grain like quinoa or rice, or even alongside a hearty bowl of soup or stew.
- Other meal ideas: if you’re looking for a more complete meal, you can try serving your oven-baked chicken tenders with a grain like rice or quinoa, or even wrap them up in a tortilla with some lettuce, tomato, and avocado for a tasty chicken tender wrap. You can also serve the chicken tenders as part of a larger spread, along with other snacks and finger foods like wings, sliders, or even a veggie platter.
➡️ No matter how you choose to enjoy your oven-baked chicken tenders, the key is to have fun and mix and match different flavors and ingredients to suit your taste. These chicken tenders are a healthy and convenient meal option that is sure to please everyone at the table. So why not give this recipe a try the next time you’re in the mood for a tasty snack or meal? We’re sure you’ll love the delicious and satisfying taste of oven-baked chicken tenders.
➡️ And don’t forget – you can always experiment with different breadcrumb mixtures and seasoning combinations to give your oven-baked chicken tenders a unique twist. Some other ingredients you might try incorporating into your breadcrumb mixture include grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs made from panko breadcrumbs, or even a mixture of ground nuts and seeds. The possibilities are endless, so have fun and get creative with your oven-baked chicken tenders!
➡️ And there you have it, a delicious and easy recipe for oven-baked chicken tenders. The combination of breadcrumbs and spices gives these tenders a tasty and crispy exterior, while the chicken stays tender and juicy on the inside. Whether you serve them as a main dish or as a snack, these oven-baked chicken tenders are sure to be a hit with the whole family. Thanks for following along, and I hope you enjoy your oven-baked chicken tenders!
What are chicken strips or chicken fingers?
➡️ Chicken strips or chicken fingers are thin slices of boneless, skinless chicken breast that have been breaded and fried, or sometimes baked. They are often served as a snack or as part of a meal, and are commonly served with dipping sauces such as barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, or honey mustard. Chicken strips, named also chicken tenders, are a popular choice for children’s meals at restaurants and are also commonly found in frozen form at supermarkets, making them a quick and easy meal option at home. Some variations of chicken strips may be made with a different type of breading or may be seasoned with different spices or herbs.
📖 Read more on Chicken Fingers!
More Baked Chicken Schnitzel Recipes
Related Culinary Articles
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food!Hippocrates