📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Pan-Seared Pork Chops at Home
My simple seared pork chops recipe is probably the most delicious pork chop recipe you have ever cooked!
➡️ Wondering how to cook pork chops best? I usually opt for pan-seared pork chops when cooking a quick dinner, baked pork chops when I have more time, and grilled pork chops when planning a barbecue party.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Pan-Seared Pork Chops from Scratch at Home
Simple Seared Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in pork chops (at least 1 inch thick)
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper or to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the skillet.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the pork chops. Sear the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use bone-in pork chops that are at least 1 inch thick for the best results.
- Let the pork chops come to room temperature before cooking.
- Use a hot skillet and do not move the pork chops around too much when searing.
- Let the pork chops rest for a few minutes after cooking to allow the juices to redistribute.
- For added flavor, you can add herbs like rosemary or thyme to the skillet while cooking.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Cooking Pan-Seared Pork Chops at Home is Quick and Simple!
➡️ Cooking a pork chop can be a challenge for novice home chefs, but searing it well can turn out to be well worth the effort. To sear a pork chop like a chef, you’ll need just a cast-iron skillet and a moment of patience. After searing, let the pork chops rest for a couple of minutes, and then serve them up with a side dish or a veggie salad. If you’re feeling really ambitious, you can also make a sauce using a few simple ingredients like butter, flour, salt, and pepper (just like in the recipe below.)
➡️ I simply love pork chops. There are few things in the world that can compare to the juicy flavor of a freshly seared pork chop, which is why they are a staple in my house. Also, I recommend you more delicious pork chop recipes available on this website such as how to fry without flour and baked pork chops in the oven.
FAQ’s for Cooking Pan-Seared Pork Chops
What are pan-seared pork chops?
Pan-seared pork chops are a delicious and easy-to-make meal that consists of pork chops seared in a pan.
What are the ingredients for pan-seared pork chops?
The ingredients for pan-seared pork chops cooked with the simplest recipe include pork chops, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How long does it take to make pan-seared pork chops?
It takes about 15 minutes to make pan-seared pork chops from start to finish.
Related Pork Chop Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by