Learn in this video how to make a homemade cream cheese spread for sandwiches from scratch by using a delicious and easy cold appetizer recipe!
SUPER YUMMY Hungarian food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY the paprika homemade cream cheese! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 500 g/17 oz of cottage cheese (you can use dry ricotta or dry mozzarella too)
2) 100 g/3.5 oz of red onions
3) 2-3 tbsp of sour cream (12% fat), depending on the cheese consistency
4) some salt to taste
5) 1 tbsp of sweet paprika
6) 1/2 tsp of cumin powder (optional but recommended for the authentic taste)
1) place the cheese into a bowl
2) peel onions off, chop them finely with the knife or blender, then add it over the cheese
3) add sour cream into the bowl
4) season with some salt to taste
5) sprinkle paprika over the cheese
6) add cumin powder, then mix ingredients thoroughly to combine them well
7) place the spread in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving (recommended)
Cheese cream spread is used for sandwiches but to prepare cold appetizers as well. Therefore, everyone should know several homemade cream cheese spread recipes to make a quick breakfast with a tasty sandwich or to prepare spectacular cold appetizers like stuffed tomatoes, stuffed bell peppers, bologna or ham roll-ups, and so on.
Making a homemade cream cheese spread is really easy regardless of your cooking skills. Basically, you need only some fresh cheese like ricotta or cottage cheese. Some drier mozzarella types can be used too for a cheese spread.
As a result, I don’t have many tips to share with you regarding this paprika homemade cream cheese spread recipe. Still, there is very important to chop the onions as finely as you can, especially if you don’t combine ingredients into a blender in the final stage.
Another thing that I underline is to wait a bit before serving the paprika homemade cream cheese to combine well the flavors. Of course, when you’re in rush, you can still use the cheese spread immediately. Also, when you make cold appetizers with this cheese spread, you can use it as soon as you’re ready with it.
A few of the tastiest cold appetizers that I make with this homemade cream cheese recipe include cold stuffed tomatoes, cold stuffed bell peppers, and Bologna or ham roll-ups. A spicy salami type matches very well the taste of this spread, so making roll-ups in this combination is a winning option too.
Another important thing that I underline is to not keep this cheese spread too many days before serving even if you store it in the fridge. This is because the fresh cheese starts fermenting quickly (after 24-48 hours, depending on the temperature) and will become sour and even bitter. Therefore, make the cream cheese in the evening for the next day if you this option available.
Enjoy the paprika homemade cream cheese spread recipe!
Read more about cheese spread types here.