📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Cream Parsley Sauce Recipes: French Parsley Butter Sauce with Sour Cream
My homemade cream parsley sauce recipe is one of the most delicious French parsley butter sauce recipes you’ve ever made at home. View the recipe and video below!
➡️ Are you looking for easy white sauce recipes? Look no further because on this page you’ll find out how to make parsley butter sauce with sour cream from scratch. My easy parsley sauce recipe in the French style helps you make a sauce with simple and tasty ingredients such as sour cream, fresh parsley leaves, and more.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Parsley Butter Sauce from Scratch
➡️ Read on and learn below how to make a parsley butter sauce recipe with sour cream from scratch using an easy French white sauce recipe for steak, fish, chicken, and ham.
Homemade French Parsley Butter Sauce
- a large bundle of fresh parsley leaves
- 2/50 (oz/g) butter at room temperature
- 2/50 (oz/g) all-purpose flour
- 9/250 (fl oz/ml) cow milk at room temperature
- 7/200 (oz/g) sour cream (>12% fat)
- salt and white ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- finely chop the fresh parsley leaves.
- place the butter in a saucepan, then put the pan over a medium heat, and wait to melt the butter.
- add the flour over the melted butter and simmer the ingredients for about 30 seconds, stirring.
- add gradually the milk and continue simmering, stirring continuously.
- reduce the temperature to very low, add the sour cream, mix, and simmer the ingredients for about 30 seconds, stirring.
- season the white sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- add the vinegar and sugar, then mix.
- add the chopped parsley to the butter sauce and simmer for about 30 seconds, stirring
- the parsley butter sauce is ready when has a smooth creamy consistency, without lumps.
Cooking Tips for the Best Results:
- Fresh Parsley: Opt for fresh parsley for the most vibrant flavor and color. Flat-leaf (Italian) parsley is often preferred for its robust taste, but curly parsley works well too. Wash the parsley thoroughly, pat it dry, and finely chop it to release its essence into the sauce.
- Quality Butter: Use high-quality unsalted butter for a rich and creamy sauce. Butter is a key component, so its flavor will shine through. Consider using European-style butter with a higher butterfat content for an even more luscious result.
- Balanced Seasoning: Season the sauce thoughtfully with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Start with a small amount of salt and taste as you go, adjusting to your preference. The salt enhances the flavors, while black pepper adds a subtle kick.
- Low Heat: When melting the butter, use low to medium-low heat to prevent it from browning or burning. The goal is to gently melt the butter without allowing it to develop a nutty flavor or turn brown.
- Emulsify Smoothly: To achieve a smooth and well-emulsified sauce, add the chopped parsley gradually to the melted butter, stirring continuously. This helps evenly distribute the parsley throughout the sauce, creating a consistent flavor and vibrant green color.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
FAQs about the French Parsley Butter Sauce Recipe
Can I use salted butter for this sauce?
It’s generally recommended to use unsalted butter to have better control over the sauce’s saltiness. You can always adjust the salt to taste. Using unsalted butter allows you to start with a clean slate in terms of seasoning.
Can I prepare this sauce in advance and store it?
Yes, you can prepare Homemade Parsley Butter Sauce in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Reheat it gently over low heat or in the microwave, stirring as needed, to restore its creamy consistency.
Can I substitute fresh parsley with dried parsley flakes?
Fresh parsley is preferred for its vibrant flavor and color. Dried parsley flakes lack the same intensity and freshness. If you must use dried parsley, reduce the quantity and rehydrate it slightly with a small amount of warm water before adding it to the sauce.
What dishes pair well with French Parsley Butter Sauce?
French Parsley Butter Sauce is versatile and complements a variety of dishes. It pairs beautifully with grilled or pan-seared fish, roasted or steamed vegetables, pasta, chicken, and even baked potatoes. Its fresh and herby notes enhance the overall flavor of many savory dishes.
Can I customize this sauce with other herbs or seasonings?
Absolutely! Homemade Parsley Butter Sauce can be personalized by adding other herbs like chives, tarragon, or dill for a unique flavor profile. You can also infuse it with minced garlic or a splash of lemon juice to create variations that suit your taste and the dish you’re serving.
Related White Sauce Recipes and Culinary Articles
➡️ I recommend you watch also how to make a sour cream sauce, which is another great choice when you want to prepare white sauce at home.
➡️ Enjoy making parsley butter sauce from scratch! For additional info, read more here. I also recommend other tasty cream sauce recipes available on this website (see below.)
📖 Cooking article by