French pastry cream recipes – how to make pastry cream for eclairs. Easy vanilla custard cream recipe to prepare a cream in the French style to fill up eclairs, profiteroles, choux-a-la-creme, and other cake types.
Learn in this video about how to make a vanilla custard by using authentic French pastry cream recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 2 eggs
2) 100 g / 3.5 oz of granulated sugar
3) 150 g / 5.5 oz of all-purpose flour
4) 2 x 250 ml / 8.5 fl oz of cold cow milk
5) 1 tsp of vanilla essence
6) 100 g/ 3.5 oz of butter or cake margarine
7) 100 g / 3.5 oz of caster sugar
1) break eggs and place them into a bowl
2) add sugar over eggs, then combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) add flour to the bowl and mix ingredients by hand until smooth
4) pour 250 ml / 8.5 fl oz of milk into the bowl and mix ingredients
5) pour rest of milk into a saucepan and place it to the stovetop over medium temperature
6) when milk from the saucepan has warmed well, pour inside the mixture prepared previously while mixing continuously
7) cream is ready when is smooth and has a slightly viscous and elastic consistency
8) take the pan off the stove, add vanilla and mix ingredients to combine very well
9) cover vanilla pastry cream with foil and wait to cool to room temperature
10) place butter into a bowl, then add gradually caster sugar while combining ingredients by hand continuously
11) add gradually the entire amount of mixture from the saucepan to sweetened butter while mixing by hand
12) use vanilla custard as filling for various homemade cake recipes
I love vanilla cakes of any kind! Therefore, I bake often all kind of homemade vanilla cakes, with or without cream. For sure, vanilla custard filled cakes are at the top of preferences in my family, so I have to make often such cakes.
Among vanilla custard cakes that I prepare most often are included cremeschnitte, choux-a-la-crème, eclairs, and so on.
Probably you know, there are different ways to make vanilla cream filling for cake. Some recipes are based on French custard recipes, others are more simple and can be prepared even from vanilla pudding.
Vanilla custard for cake presented on this page is based on a traditional French pastry cream recipe. It’s a basic cream for custard-filled cakes that I use most often when I make eclairs, choux-a-la-crème, and profiteroles.
Depending on the cake you are going to make, there it’s indicated to use a filling with or without gelatin. Vanilla cream recipe available on this page is gelatin free, so it’s pretty moist and flows pretty easy out from cake.
If you’re looking for a ticker and harder cream to fill cakes up follow the link in the section bellow. I use that recipe for heavier homemade cake recipes such as classic cremeschnitte.
Whichever pastry cream recipe you’ll choose, each one is very tasty and will help you make a fantastic cake at home that will please both your entire family and friends!
Enjoy vanilla pastry cream or French vanilla custard and the homemade cake recipes prepared with it!
Read more about vanilla custard origins here.