Searching for traditional French custard recipes to use in 2022? On this webpage, you can learn how to make French pastry cream from scratch in 12 steps to fill ups various homemade cakes.
You can use this easy vanilla custard cream recipe to prepare a cream in the French style and fill up eclairs, profiteroles, choux-a-la-creme, and other cake types.
Don’t miss the chance to learn in the video below about how to make vanilla custard using the authentic French pastry cream recipe!
1) 2 eggs
2) 100 g/3.5 oz of granulated sugar
3) 150 g/5.5 oz of all-purpose flour
4) 2 x 250 ml/8.5 fl oz of cold cow milk
5) 1 tsp of vanilla essence
6) 100 g/3.5 oz of butter or cake margarine
7) 100 g/3.5 oz of caster sugar
1) break eggs and place them into a bowl
2) add sugar over eggs, then combine ingredients by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) add flour to the bowl and mix ingredients by hand until smooth
4) pour 250 ml/8.5 fl oz of milk into the bowl and mix ingredients
5) pour the rest of the milk into a saucepan and place it on the stovetop over medium temperature
6) when milk from the saucepan has warmed well, pour inside the mixture prepared previously while mixing continuously
7) cream is ready when is smooth and has a slightly viscous and elastic consistency
8) take the pan off the stove, add vanilla, and mix ingredients to combine very well
9) cover vanilla pastry cream with foil and wait to cool to room temperature
10) place butter into a bowl, then add gradually caster sugar while combining ingredients by hand continuously
11) add gradually the entire amount of mixture from the saucepan to sweetened butter while mixing by hand
12) use vanilla custard as filling for various homemade cake recipes