JAM crescent cookies recipes – how to make plum jam crescent cookies. Easy homemade jam cake recipe to bake crescent cookies with plum marmalade and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make plum jam crescent cookies by using a yummy and easy homemade jam cookies recipe.
SUPER YUMMY homemade jam cookies recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 70 g / 2.5 oz of pork lard (you can use butter instead)
2) 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz of carbonated water
3) all-purpose flour as much as comprises (around 400 g / 25 oz)
4) plum marmalade (around 200 g / 12 oz)
5) 100 g / 3.5 oz of caster sugar
6) 10 g / 0.35 oz of vanilla sugar
1) pour carbonated water in a bowl, then put pork lard inside (WARNING! Both ingredients must be cold!)
2) put some flour into the bowl as much as comprises and knead ingredients until you get a smooth and elastic dough
3) cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for 1 hour
4) sprinkle some flour on the worktop, put the dough on it and form a roll with a diameter of about 15 cm / 6 inches
5) cut dough into rolls of about 5 cm / 2 inches thickness
6) roll each piece of dough into the palm to give it a sphere shape (looks like a doughnut)
7) spread each dough sphere into a thin sheet
8) cut each dough sheet into 8 equal parts
9) put on each piece of dough a teaspoon of plum marmalade
10) roll each jam-filled dough piece about three times to form crescent cookies
11) sit crescent cookies on a tray coated with baking paper
12) put the tray in the oven at 180 ° C / 360 ° F and wait until the cake is lightly brown (about 15 minutes)
13) meanwhile, mix caster sugar with vanilla sugar
14) take the tray out from the oven, then put hot crescent cookies in the sugar mixture and coat them completely
15) wait for the plum jam crescent cookies to cool before serving
Basically, everyone loves jam cookies because they are very tasty and keep a lot of time without altering.
Housewives will appreciate it because this jam cake recipe is very cheap – pork lard used for dough is much more affordable than butter (at least, in some countries!). However, those who don’t use pork lard can replace it with unsalted fat butter!
Beyond the fact that they are delicious and inexpensive, making crescent cookies with pork lard is very easy. Even people without significant experience in preparing homemade cakes can use this jam cookies recipe without a high risk of mistakes.
There are not many tips to share regarding this plum jam crescent cookies recipe. Maybe the most important advice is to use cold water and lard, otherwise, the dough becomes sticky.
Another important tip is to use plum marmalade or more consistent plum jam if not, there is a risk that filling will run from jam cookies out.
The classic jam cake recipe is with plum marmalade, but any other kind of consistent jam can be used, as desired. My family really likes apricot jam, so I often make crescent cookies filled with this kind of sweetness.
Although crescent cookies can be served immediately after cooling, the secret of these jam cookies, known only by very experienced housewives, is to serve them after a couple of days.
Store jam cookies in a dry, tightly sealed box and you’ll notice after a few days that they become extremely frail! Now, the taste of the cookies is so good that you will hardly stop eating them! For sure, your family and guests will appreciate their taste and your effort to make them!
Possible to sound amazing to you, but the longer they stay, the more fragile they become, so you can keep these jam cookies even for a few weeks under conditions mentioned above!
Enjoy plum jam crescent cookies!
I recommend you to try apricot jam crescent cookies as well. This jam cookies recipe is also very tasty!
Read more about the origins of the jam crescent cookies here!