Learn in this video how to make a plum strudel from scratch by using a yummy and easy fresh plum cake recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY this easy plum strudel recipe from scratch! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) prepare or unpack phyllo dough
2) melt butter in a saucepan, then grease each pastry sheet while placing them partly on top of each other just like in the video
3) sprinkle semolina into a strip near one of the shorter pastry edges
4) cut plums in two halves, remove seeds and chop them into small-to-medium sized pieces
5) place chopped plums over semolina strip
6) sprinkle sugar over plums depending on your taste and on how sweet are the plums
7) sprinkle cinnamon and cardamom over plums
8) bend longer pastry sheet edges inwards, then roll as tight as possible the stuffed pastry sheet starting from the filled edge
9) place plum strudel on a baking paper coated tray and grease it with melted butter on top and sides
10) make several small cuts on the strudel top to go the steam out during baking
11) put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake the strudel until it’s evenly golden
12) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool the strudel to room temperature
13) slice the strudel as desired and sprinkle over it caster sugar to taste (optional but recommended)
Plum cake is one of the most appreciated dessert. As a result, many people are looking for the most delicious plum cake recipe!
There are many cake recipes featuring plums among ingredients that I like very much. I make a plum cake as many times as I have an opportunity and especially in late summer and early fall when fresh plums can be found abundantly.
One of the homemade cake recipes I prepare very often is strudel with phyllo pastry dough. This type of cake is very easy to make and the final result is very tasty and spectacular!
Probably you heard about apple strudel, which is the best-known strudel type. But how about a plum strudel made with fresh plums?
The plum cake recipe presented on this page is based on a classic strudel recipe, so it can be considered an old fashioned fruit cake.
Preparing this plum cake recipe is really easy. Basically, you need phyllo dough and fresh plums and already you can make a fantastic homemade fruit cake that will please everyone!
This plum strudel recipe is especially useful because you can use canned plums as well, not just fresh fruit. So, make this plum cake recipe as soon as possible and enjoy an amazingly tasty homemade cake as you probably never tasted!
By the way, any type of plum is good for this plums strudel recipe, you need just ripe fruit to get the best results and make a juicy and sweet cake.
Enjoy the plum strudel recipe!
You can read more about various strudel types here.