Homemade fruit cake recipes – how to make poppy seed and plum cake. Easy fruit cake recipe to make a homemade poppyseed cake with frozen or fresh plum and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make a poppy seed and plum cake by using a homemade fruit cake recipe with poppy seeds!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 3 eggs
2) 200 g / 7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 200 ml / 7 fl oz of sunflower oil
4) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
5) 70 ml / 2.5 fl oz of cow milk
6) 10 g / 0.35 oz of baking powder
7) 250 g / 9 oz of all-purpose flour
8) 100 g / 3.5 oz of ground poppy seeds
9) 600 g / 21oz of frozen or fresh plum
10) some cinnamon powder (optional)
11) some caster sugar for garnishing
1) break eggs into a bowl, add over them sugar and combine ingredients by mixer until the sugar is dissolved completely
2) pour oil into the bowl and continue mixing
3) add vanilla extract and milk, mix again
4) add baking powder and flour, mix again
5) add ground poppy seeds and stir to combine ingredients well, then cover the bowl with foil and place it into the fridge for at least 1 hour
6) in the meantime, cut plums in two halves lengthwise and remove seeds
7) remove foil and pour cake dough on a baking paper coated tray into a uniform layer
8) place plum halves into the dough in regular rows with the skin down, press gently fruits by hand to sink into the dough just like in the video
9) put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C / 360 F and bake until the cake is golden
10) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool the poppy seed and plum cake to room temperature
11) take the fresh plum cake out from the tray, cut its edges to be straight, then slice it up as desired
12) sprinkle over some cinnamon powder (optional) and caster sugar in abundance before serving this delicious homemade plum cake
Needless to say, both plum cake and poppy seed cake are very popular across Europe and North America. This homemade cake recipe combines the main ingredients of the two highly-appreciated caked – poppy seed and plum.
The result is the extremely tasty poppy seed and plum cake recipe that will turn into one of your favorite homemade cakes after you’ll bake it for the first time!
This homemade fruit cake can be made both with fresh and frozen fruit, so you can bake it any time of the year.
Of course, in the season, I recommend using fresh plums for the added savor and vitamins, but frozen plums are also good to enjoy this palatable plum cake recipe!
Regarding poppy seeds, you have to grind them by using a special machine or you can buy ground poppy seed right from the store to avoid any hassle to prepare poppy seeds.
The cake remains soft several days after baking, therefore you can prepare a larger quantity and enjoy it along the entire weekend, for example.
Poppyseed and plum cake recipe can be served plain or along with tea and coffee as a dessert or even with milk for a tasty and quick breakfast.
Read more about the plum origins and benefits here.