Poppyseed cake recipes – how to make sweet poppy seed filling. Homemade poppy seed filling recipe to make poppy seed roll, poppy seed bread cake, poppy seed loaf bread, and other cakes with sweet poppy seed paste filling.
Learn in this video how to make sweet poppy seed filling by using a homemade poppy seed paste recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 200 g / 7 oz of granulated sugar
2) 200 ml / 7 fl oz of warmish cow milk
3) 200 g / 7 oz of poppy seeds
4) 1 tsp of rum essence
5) 50 g / 2 oz of golden raisins (optional)
6) 100 g / 3.5 oz of candied orange peel (optional), cut into very small pieces – you can use raisins instead
7) 4 tbsp of semolina
8) 2 eggs
1) put sugar and milk into a saucepan
2) put the saucepan over the fire and wait until the milk starts boiling, mix to dissolve the sugar
3) grind poppy seeds,
4) place the poppyseed into the hot milk and combine well the ingredients by hand
5) add rum essence, raisins and candied orange peel (optional), then mix again to combine the ingredients
6) add semolina and mix again
7) wait until the poppy seed filling cools completely to room temperature
8) break the eggs and place it over the filling, then combine well until you get a smooth paste
9) use the poppy seed paste to fill up traditional homemade cakes on your choice
People love poppyseed cakes, so there are lots of cake recipes with poppy seed filling.
The poppy seed filling recipe is very easy to make, does not require many ingredients, it is very quick and helps you make filling for different homemade cake recipes when you have not found or forgot to buy ready-made filling.
This poppy seed filling is used to prepare fluffy sweet bread with poppy seed stuffing and many other leavened homemade cakes that are traditionally filled with poppy seed.
Many Austrian, German, Russian, and Hungarian cake recipes use this poppyseed filling or a very similar one.
Enjoy cakes with poppyseed filling!
You can read more about different poppyseed cake types here.