What ingredients do you need to make pork skewers in the oven?
1) 1.5 kg/52 oz of pork neck or pork shoulder
2) 500 g/18 oz of red onions
3) some salt or salted red pepper paste
4) ground black pepper to taste
5) some olive oil (optional)
How to make pork skewers recipe from scratch?
1) cube pork neck or pork shoulder into small-medium pieces
2) peel onions off and cut them into thicker slices or chunks
3) season meat with salt and black pepper to taste
4) pour some oil if the meat is too dry, then rub the meat to enter the flavors inside
5) stick two pieces of meat to the skewer, then stick an onion slice and continue identically until the skewer is full, leave some space at the ends
6) place pork skewers on a tray so that the ends stay on the tray edge
7) put the tray in the oven and turn the grill on or set the oven at about 220 C/430 F
8) flip skewers several times to fry evenly
9) the baked pork kebabs are ready when the meat is golden brown and juicy
What is a skewer?
➡️ A skewer is a thin metal or wood stick that is used to hold food together. As in “chicken skewers,” the term is sometimes used as a generic term to refer to the entire culinary item presented on a skewer. Skewers are used to grill or roast meats and seafood, as well as in other culinary applications.
➡️ Brochette is an English translation of the French term for the skewer. En brochette means “on a skewer” in French and refers to the shape of a dish or the method of cooking and serving food on skewers, particularly grilled meat or shellfish. Skewers are frequently used in various kebab recipes.
📖 Read more on Skewer!
What is a kebab or kabob?
➡️ Kebab (commonly named kabob in the United States) is a type of cooked meat dish that originated in Middle Eastern cuisines. However, many variations are popular all around the world today. Kebabs are made comprised of diced or ground meat, occasionally with veggies, and many other ingredients depending on the recipe.
📖 Read more on Kebab!
What are the best cuts for pork skewers?
➡️ Pork neck (known also as pork butt or pork collar) and pork shoulder are considered the best cuts to make pork skewers because have the juiciest meat and enough fat that melts during grilling and keeps the meat juicy. Yet, other pork cuts can be used for skewers even if they are drier, including pork tenderloin and pork loin.
PRO Tips For The Oven-Baked Pork Skewers Recipe with Onions
➡️ Skewers or kabobs are some of the most preferred pork recipes in many countries including the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, and South Africa, to name but a few of them. Needless to mention, skewers or kabobs are some of the most popular recipes among grilled pork lovers.
➡️ My recipe is very easy and needs a short preparation time and just a few ingredients, so it’s a good choice when you want to eat tasty grilled pork without hassle. In addition, th
➡️ You can eat skewers just with a fresh vegetable salad or along with different side dishes such as mashed potatoes, boiled rice, simple rice pilaf, and so on.
➡️ If you like, you can grill the pork kabobs on the coal BBQ to enjoy smoke-flavored pork skewers.
Drinking wine at home!
What goes better with a delicious meal than quality wine? Nothing, both from my point of view and from the ancient Greeks, who said about wine that it’s the nectar of the gods! Can we contradict them?
➡️ Enjoy making pork kabobs from scratch!