Homemade strudel recipes – how to make raspberry vanilla strudel at home. Easy strudel recipe to bake a homemade cake with simple and tasty ingredients such as pastry dough, vanilla pudding, and fresh or frozen raspberries.
Learn in this video how to make vanilla strudel with raspberry by using a tasty and easy homemade cake recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade raspberry cake recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 120 g / 4.25 oz of vanilla pudding (3 sachets)
2) 200 g / 7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 1 l / 34 fl oz of cow milk
4) 400 g / 14 oz of phyllo pastry dough (12 sheets)
5) 70 g / 2.5 oz of melted butter
6) 3 x 3 tsp of semolina
7) 3 x 150 g / 5.5 oz of raspberry, fresh or frozen
8) 3 x 3 tbsp of brown sugar
10) some caster sugar for garnishing
1) place vanilla pudding into a bowl
2) pour milk into the bowl gradually while stirring ingredients by hand
3) boil pudding according to instructions on the package until thick
4) cover pudding with food foil and wait to cool to room temperature
5) remove foil and mix pudding until it’s slightly creamy
6) split pudding into 3 equal parts
7) unpack phyllo pastry dough and separate it into 3 equal parts (4 sheets each)
8) melt butter and grease 4 sheets one by one while you put them on top of each other, just like in the video
9) place one vanilla pudding part into a stretch along the longer pastry sheets edge
10) sprinkle 3 tsp of semolina over pudding
11) place about 1/3 of raspberry over pudding, press fruits gently by hand to fix them into the pudding
12) sprinkle 3 tbsp of brown sugar over raspberry
13) bend the sides of pastry sheet inwards, then roll the sheets together with the fillings as tightly as possible
14) line a tray with baking paper and place the roll on the tray
15) continue identically with the rest of the ingredients and make other 2 rolls
16) break the egg, beat it up with a fork, and grease the rolls on top and sides with it
17) make some notches on the roll tops to allow steam getting out during baking
18) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C / 320 F and bake the raspberry cake until slightly golden (about 20 minutes), then take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool the strudel to room temperature
19) cut the strudel off into pieces of the desired size
20) sprinkle some caster sugar over the cake slices before serving (optional)
Strudel is, probably, the best-known Austrian cakes in the world. It is very popular i some parts of Europe and North America because it’s very tasty and pretty easy to make.
I simply love this cake, so it’s one of my favorite homemade cake recipes. Besides the classic apple strudel, I bake many other such cake types. The recipe presented on this page is my creation, at least as I know.
Making this homemade cake recipe is really easy. I think that even somebody less experienced in baking cakes at home is able to prepare it without any issue, so I recommend you to try it as soon as you can.
Not just that the cake is simple to bake, but it is ready in a very short time and requires few, easy-to-find ingredients like phyllo pastry dough, vanilla pudding, and frozen fruits. You can use both fresh and frozen raspberry, so the cake can be made at any time of the year.
Furthermore, you can replace raspberry with other similar fruit types such as blueberry or forest fruits, for example.
Whatever fruits you’ll use, the cake is amazingly delicious, so probably you’ll bake it very frequently after tasting it for the first time!
Enjoy vanilla strudel with raspberry!
Read more about strudel origins here.