Learn in this video how to make a malfouf salad from scratch with a yummy and easy raw cabbage salad recipe with garlic and mint in Lebanese style!
SUPER YUMMY homemade vegetable salad by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) shred or finely wedge cabbage with a knife
2) sprinkle abundant salt over cabbage wedges and wait 30-60 minutes for the salt to extract water from shredded cabbage (if you like crunchy texture, just skip this step)
3) squeeze salty water from soaked cabbage
4) crush or very finely chop garlic cloves, then add them over cabbage
5) pour over cabbage lemon juice and olive oil, then season salad with black pepper to taste
6) combine ingredients very well
7) chop aromatic herbs and place them over salad, then mix ingredients again
Cabbage is one of the most used vegetables for salad recipes.
Cabbage is used for salad both raw and pickled. Raw cabbage salad recipes are very popular throughout the world. As a result, there are available lots of cabbage slaw recipes with different ingredients.
Raw cabbage slaw with garlic and mint is based on a Lebanese cabbage salad recipe named malfouf salad. It’s very popular in this country and in other Middle Eastern countries.
If you want to get a crunchy texture for your Middle-eastern salad, skip the step with salt, but shred or wedge cabbage into very thin strips.
You can serve fresh cabbage slaw plain or along with different main dishes with or without meat such as schnitzel, roast, and so on.
In the very hot days, you can eat malfouf salad plain, it will give you enough energy and a very refreshing sensation.
You can read more about malfouf salad here.