8 PRO Tips For The Red Beans and Rice Casserole Recipe
➡️ Cooking red beans and rice casserole with smoked sausages is extremely simple and can be easily done even by less experienced chefs. However, below are some cooking tips to help you get the best results.
- most often, I cook this rice and bean casserole recipe with red kidney beans, but you can use other red bean types and even other bean varieties such as white bean, black bean, and so on
- to save time, I use canned beans, still, you can use dried beans that you can boil and drain previously
- any type of rice is suitable for this recipe, but the best is a long-grain rice type
- if you have time, it’s ideal to let the rice soak in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking
- the range of smoked sausage you use must be neither too raw nor too dry and, as such, kielbasa is ideal, but you can also use chorizo or another similar type of sausage
- cut the sausage into medium-thick slices to avoid breaking during cooking
- tomato broth can be replaced with tomato paste that must be diluted beforehand, depending on the consistency of the paste, you need 3-5 tablespoons of paste to replace the amount of tomato broth in the recipe
- simmer the red beans and rice casserole over a low temperature to allow enough time to blend the flavors better and soften all ingredients
Drinking wine at home!
What goes better with a delicious meal than quality wine? Nothing, both from my point of view and from the ancient Greeks, who said about wine that it’s the nectar of the gods! Can we contradict them?
➡️ Enjoy cooking red beans and rice recipes from scratch!