Sweet pepper paste recipes – how to make red pepper paste for food seasoning. Easy sweet pepper paste recipe to prepare a seasoning for food with raw red bell pepper or kapia pepper and salt.
Learn in this video how to make red pepper paste by using the best Portuguese red pepper paste recipe for food seasoning!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 4 kg / 140 oz of kapia pepper or red bell pepper
2) 1 kg / 35 oz of coarse marine salt (recommended)
1) cut peppers lengthwise
2) remove stubs and seeds
3) cut pepper halves into strips lengthwise
4) very finely chop or grind pepper strips by hand, robot or machine
5) add salt to ground red pepper paste, then combine ingredients well until salt is dissolved completely
6) place red pepper paste into a pretty cold place (around 20-25 C / 70-75 F) overnight
7) mix paste next day, then put it into clean and dry jars
8) put lids to jars and tight them well to seal the paste
9) you can keep jars into a cold place (not more than 25 C / 75 F) up to 2-3 years
There are many food recipes that include among ingredients different types of pepper paste.
Most pepper paste types are used for food seasoning. Some are sweet, while others have a spicy taste.
There are not many cooking tips to unveil for the sweet pepper paste. The most important things to obtain great results when you make this recipe are the followings:
The salty red pepper paste is used for food seasoning during winter.
Just put 1-2 tablespoons in the soup or rub the raw meat with the Portuguese red pepper paste and you’ll see a huge difference!
The taste is much better – not just that the food is salted more uniform, but it also has a very pleasant and discrete sweet red pepper flavor!
Read more about the sweet pepper paste types here.