Easy roast leg of lamb recipe to cook lamb marinated in Greek style with red wine and rosemary.
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY the Greek leg of lamb recipe! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 4 kg/150 oz of lamb, cut into pieces (leg of lamb, lamb shoulder, lamb loin, lamb ribs, lamb neck)
2) salt and ground black pepper to taste
3) some garlic cloves to taste (I use a whole garlic head)
4) a few rosemary sprigs or 1-2 tsp of dried rosemary
5) 500 ml/17 fl oz of dry red wine
6) 2 tbsp of olive oil
7) 1 lemon (optional)
1) remove bones from lamb if you want to enjoy boneless leg of lamb roast (optional), then place the meat into the tray
2) rub the meat pieces with salt on both sides, then grind over them some black pepper to taste
3) place garlic cloves into the tray
4) place rosemary sprigs into the tray or sprinkle over meat some dried rosemary, then add thin lemon slices if used
5) pour wine into the tray
6) pour some olive oil over meat, then cover the tray, place it into the fridge and wait a couple of hours to marinate the lamb (recommended)
7) cover the tray with aluminum foil and put in the oven at 170 C/340 C for 1 hour
8) remove the foil, put the tray back in the oven, and roast the lamb at the highest temperature until golden brown (about 30-40 minutes), pour more wine or water into the tray if necessary
9) turn the heat off and leave the tray in the oven for 30 minutes before serving roasted lamb with wine (recommended)
I always enjoy cooking a leg of lamb, as well as cooking lamb shoulder! Actually, lamb is at the top of my favorite food recipes!
I cook lamb in many ways and roasting is one of the preferred ways to enjoy this savory meat. Most often, I use bone-in or boneless leg of lamb, but I also like bone-in and boneless lamb shoulder, as well as lamb ribs and lamb neck.
Roasted lamb can be prepared with different ingredients. One which I use often is red wine because the roast is more flavored and the meat is more tender than cooked with other methods.
Usually, I cook lamb on the bone because the roast is juicier. However, a boneless leg of lamb or boneless lamb shoulder represents good choices as well in order to enjoy fantastic slow-roasted lamb!
The roast leg of lamb recipe presented on this page and in the embedded video is based on an authentic Greek lamb roast recipe. Different from the traditional Greek recipe, I use more garlic and, sometimes, I don’t include lemon among ingredients.
I like flavored food, so I cook often recipes using many spices such as this Greek leg of lamb roast recipe or Moroccan leg of lamb roast recipe.
Enjoy cooking the Greek roast leg of lamb recipe with wine!
Enjoy cooking the Greek leg of lamb recipe!
Read more about lamb dishes here!