SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of chopped roasted eggplant
2) 500 g/17.5 oz of chopped roasted bell pepper
3) 50 g/1.75 oz of finely chopped onion
4) 3-6 finely chopped garlic cloves or to taste
5) chives or spring onion to taste
6) coriander or parsley leaves to taste
7) salt and ground white pepper to taste
8) 3-4 tbsp of mayonnaise, homemade or bought from the store
1) roast eggplants on the coal grill (recommended) or in the oven, then wait to cool, peel them off, and chop it finely by hand (recommended) or kitchen robot
2) roast bell peppers on the coal grill (recommended) or in the oven, then wait to cool, peel them off, and chop it finely by hand (recommended) or kitchen robot
3) place chopped eggplant into a bowl, then add over it chopped bell peppers
4) peel onion off, chop it finely, and add it to the bowl
5) peel garlic off, chop it finely, and add it to the bowl
6) chop finely some chives or spring onion, then add them to the bowl
7) chop finely some coriander or parsley leaves, then add it to the bowl
8) season roasted eggplant salad with salt and ground white pepper to taste
9) add mayonnaise to the bowl, then mix ingredients well by hand
10) put this delicious roasted bell pepper and eggplant dip into the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving (recommended)
Eggplant is one of the most common and most used vegetables in many countries. It is known also as aubergine.
Eggplant is cooked in many ways. Some of the favorite eggplant recipes include cold appetizers with mayonnaise or yogurt and different aromatic plants.
In some parts of the world, such as the Middle East, cold foods including roasted eggplant are known as eggplant dip.
In India, the roasted eggplant dip is named baba ganoush.
There are really many eggplant salad recipes. Most of them include garlic and/or onion.
One of my preferred roasted eggplant salad recipes is the one presented on this page. I like very much this eggplant dip because the roasted eggplant is combined with roasted bell peppers.
Another reason why I like this salad is the fact that it’s very rich in different flavors. There is onion, garlic, chives or spring onion, coriander, or parsley…true heaven of aroma!
Plus, it’s very creamy from the mayonnaise, so I make it really often, especially during fall, when you find fresh aubergine in the market.
However, the eggplant salad recipe can be prepared also with frozen eggplant (roasted previously), so you can make this salad appetizer throughout the year.
Whichever is the way you are eating this eggplant dip, I assure you that it’s very tasty, so I recommend you to make it as soon as possible!
Enjoy the roasted eggplant salad with mayonnaise!
Yes, there are available roasted eggplant dip recipes without mayonnaise. Some of these eggplant recipes feature yogurt, olive oil, and so on instead of mayonnaise.
You can read more about the eggplant salad origins here.