Roasted turkey recipes – how to make roasted turkey thighs in the oven with wine and vegetables. Easy turkey thigh recipe to cook a braised turkey in the oven with turkey thigh, turkey leg, wine, vegetables, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make roasted turkey thighs in the oven with wine and vegetables by using a yummy and easy turkey recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY roasted turkey thighs recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1 head of garlic, chopped
2) 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz of cold water
3) 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
4) 1 tsp of dried thyme
5) 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper or to taste
6) 2 tbsp of sweet paprika
7) 4 kg / 140 oz of turkey thighs, turkey drumsticks or even a butchered whole turkey
8) 1.5 kg / 50 oz of bell peppers
9) 0.5 kg / 17.5 oz of leek
10) 700 ml / 24 fl oz of dry white wine
11) 2 tbsp of sunflower or olive oil
1) peel garlic cloves off, crush them finely, put it in a bowl and add 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz of cold water
2) add salt, thyme, ground black pepper, and sweet pepper, then mix well until you get a smooth paste
3) put turkey thighs into the tray, then rub them all over the surface with the previously prepared marinade
4) cover the tray with foil and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to absorb better aromas in the meat
5) remove stubs and seeds from the peppers, then cut them into strips of about a finger wideness
6) cut leek into rounds
7) take the turkey out from the tray, then place peppers and leeks inside in a uniform layer
8) season vegetables with salt and ground black pepper to taste
9) pour wine into the tray over vegetables (it can be replaced with water or turkey broth)
10) pour some vegetable oil over vegetables, then mix ingredients in the tray
11) place turkey pieces over vegetables in the tray, cover the tray with foil and place it in the oven for 1 hour at 150 C / 300 F
12) remove foil from the tray, then put it back in the oven at 180 C / 360 F until the turkey is browned and very tender
13) take the meat out from the tray, place it on a platter and cover the platter with foil to keep it warm
14) put the tray back in the oven at maximum temperature to reduce the wine sauce and vegetables to the desired consistency
15) when serving, place a layer of vegetables on the platter, then lay over it slices from this delicious roasted turkey thighs in the oven with wine
Roasted turkey thighs recipe is one of the most appreciated food recipes for the Christmas table. The turkey meat is considered the most suitable for Christmas roast in many countries. In the United States, it is specially cooked for Thanksgiving Day.
This slow roast turkey recipe is made from both turkey drumstick and thigh. Of course, it can be made not only from drumstick or thigh but also from a whole turkey, butchered previously.
Spices used in this recipe combine very well with each other and give the roast a very pleasant taste. The aroma of wine from the vegetable sauce adds an extra refinement note and takes the preparation to a level that will be appreciated by the most demanding gourmets.
Anyone who does not want to use wine can replace it with turkey broth or even water.
These roasted turkey thighs in the oven with wine can be served with various side dishes. One of the most suitable side dishes is boiled potatoes, which would be my first choice since they can be perfectly combined with the wine sauce and vegetables prepared alongside the turkey roast.
Another very suitable choice is mashed potatoes, which also suits very well with vegetables in wine. Of course, you can choose other favorite side dishes that you think are suitable for this baked turkey recipe.
Enjoy roasted turkey thighs in the oven with wine!
Read more about turkey as the food here.